cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a problem with my BPM. I move a file from a server to another one, without parsing the content, and I call a BAPI via RFC, passing File Name and Type.

To move the file I use a dummy message type, and before calling the RFC I have a Transformation Step with a Message Mapping between the dummy Message Type and the RFC.

In this message mapping I use constants to give value to File Name and Type.

The problem is that this BPM sometimes works, and sometimes I get a mapping error (with same data and files, looks kindda alleatory).

The mapping error I get is:

Work item 000000006293: Object CL_SWF_XI_MSG_BROKER method CALL_TRANSFORMATION cannot be executed

com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_dbaraid_RFC_java.lang.NullPointerException

Help please!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if your old BPM Instance are open using Tcode SWWL.

Delete all old BPM Instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No items in SWWL.

I was trying some changes in my BPM but finally I undid all of them, and now I am always getting the mapping error.

Mapping is so simple, just constants, I don't know what it can be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gorka

same issue

CL_SWF_XI_MSG_BROKER method CALL_TRANSFORMATION can not be executed.

is solved in this thread , just have a look

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for our reply, but, how can I put the transformation step outside the BPM?

Regards

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

pick up the source message from monitoring and test the mapping inside the repository.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just move a file from a location to another one, so I use a dummy data type, without parsing the content.

I test the mapping in repository and it finishes successfully, with the constants I want.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>so I use a dummy data type, without parsing the content.

Wrong! BPM as well as Message Mapping will parse the message. If a not valid (regarding to XML schema, defined in Repository) message arrives at BPM or Message Mapping you will have an error. You cant use dummy data type in that case.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to parse the content of the file to just move it to another folder?

I don't mind what the content is.

So, do I have to use File Content Conversion in my Communication channel, instead of File?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you should describe your scenario as forum users dont know exaclty your message flow. You can transfer a file (even a flat file) without content conversion, but you cant map that stream and you cant use that message for bpm.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the scenario is quite simple.

I want to move a file from a location to another one, and then call a BAPI twice via RFC, so I have the following:

- Start

- Receive step to get the file

- Send step to move the file to another folder

- Wait Step (1 minute)

- Transformation Step to give value to the RFC Request data. I have a mapping between a dummy data type and the RFC, and I populate RFC data with constants

- Send Step, to call RFC

- Transformation Step equal to the first one, but with diferent constants

- Send Step, to call same RFC

- Stop

I get the error in the first transformation step, but it sometimes works ok.

Regards.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, the datatype used in bpm receive step (abstr IF) should match with file adapter output. Your BPM starts obvisiously correct, so i assume, you send just a XML file of that datatype.

The mapping should work if you use constants, as the source should be valid to xsd. May be you choosed wrong data / IF types in IF mapping or Message Mapping but i dont think you would be able to activate that. Nevertheless plz control that.

Go to the monitoring (SXMB_MONI) and pick up the payload, what is receiving the process and store it at your disk. Open Respository / Message Mapping / Test and load the file. If the fields are marked red, the XML does not match to the defined data type. Switch trace as much as possible and then test the mapping. Result should be the same as runtime result.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo!

I finally solved my problem. As you said, I couldn't use a dummy data type. Once I used File Content Conversion and parsed the file, everything worked OK.

Thanks a lot to everyone that tried to help me.

Regards.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>sometimes works, and sometimes I get a mapping error

strange! Plz check out deleting of old workitems in SWWL.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at note 830803.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Iddo,

thanks for your reply, but the note is already applied and I am still getting the error.

Any other idea?