cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of PIR from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I am trying to release from DP to SNP on monthly level grenuality.While seeing PIR in SNP planning book its showing PIR requirement date as start of month.How can I release PIR from DP to SNP on monthly level where Requirement date comes as end of month.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can maintain the Period split in the SNP2 tab of APO master data accordingly whether to begin at start or at the end of the period.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Period split in SNP 2 tab defined the logic for disaggregation in time bucket.

My req is that suppose I have forecast for month of April as 1000.When I am releasing this value to SNP where also profile defined as on monthly basis.In SNP I am finding same value for April month but its showing my requirement date as 01/04/2009.If I want to set requirement date as 30/04/2009 then what should be the setting ito get this.

Ashish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use time-based demand distribution functionality using the period-split profile option and along with a distribution function. By doing so you will ultimately control how the data flows from DP into SNP.

Even though FA is order series and has a timestamp, SNP is still time series and creates orders in buckets. Reason I say this is because if your goal is to make sure the receipt element created by SNP for the requirement element is such that it occurs on the last day in the bucket, you could use the period factor on the means of transport in the transportation lane and achieve the same outcome utilizing a perhaps more simplified approach.

If your forecast for April remains on April 1st and then SNP creates a requisition for April 30th, then both elements fall in the same bucket. It all depends on who & what is driving this business requirement.

A third alternative is to use a traditional user exit within the transfer process and change the technical period of the data coming from DP into SNP such that the translation from time series to order series results in a date/time that is what you want.

A fourth alternative is to plan the product for May 1st, and set the the product master to have "1 days of supply" and SNP will create the requisition on April 30th.

SCM gives you options, I am sure there are more...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I agree with Dave. You can just achieve this using the distribution function in the period split profile.

here is how you do it.

1. Create a distribution function in transaction /SAPAPO/DFCT - Maintain Distribution Function

in Length of Distribution Functn, enter 30 and in Maintain distribution function, enter 100 on item 30. This makes all the entered value for the month posted to 30th day of the month.

2. Create a period split profile in transaction /SAPAPO/SDP_SPLIT - Maintain Period Split Profile

Enter number of periods as 12, Starting periodicity as Month and target periodicity as day.

The only gap I have is the demand always falls on 30th of every month but what to do for months with 31 days? and also for February.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, the period split profile approach comes out of the box so you don't have to code it, but it has weeknesses that you need to maintain.

1. It doesn't allow the target periodicity to have fiscal variants.

2. the distribution function doesn't respect the length of periods.

Sure, you can solve this by writing a Z program that updates the distribution function as a batch job, but then you are back into development, if you going to crack into editor, might as well use SMOD or bAdI.