cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open DC in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to import the webdynpro DCs that are created by other team members , I imported them as import proj in webdynpro prespective ,but they are showing build error. I think i was importing in wrong way.

So I first though to first create a local development project in my development configuration prespective,

But i am not able to see the local development -> my component option in my DC prespective and cannot see any .dtc folder on my workspace..

Please suggest how to get this.

In preferences I have given the host name and port . do I need to give any other details ??

Kindly suggest how to solve this issue..

Regards,

Gunja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunja,

You cannot directly import DC projects in NWDS.

Either you can create a local DC project with the same name (as created by your colleagues) & copy-paste contents of the src folder. Also, ensure that the project names are identical in dcdef file.

Or alternatively, ask your colleagues to create SCA file & then you can import DCs from it.

(You can open the Component Browser view from Window->Show Views even in DC perspective also)

The technique of importing DCs from SCA file is better way.

Your local DC should be visible under Local Development -> My Components. If there are some dependent DCs, you will need to follow the above same procedure for them also.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jan 20, 2009 6:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kunal,

But i want to access DCs in NWDS in Development Configuration prespective not in development infrastructure perspective.

I mean as a local development.

and in development configuration prespective there is no such component browser view.. as mentiond in the attachment.

Please suggest how to solve this issue?

I tried syncronize DC projcets also but no DCs are appering their in Mycomponents.

Regards,

Gunja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunja,

Try the following steps:

1. Open the .dtc folder (ie C:\Documents and Settings\ur local user folder) in that there is a LocalDevelopment->DCs in the Dcs folder create a new folder with the pckg name of which the old prj resided in ie u have said u got the code on which someone else has worked so u check out in which folder they had it in while developing so, so create the same name folder then unzip the project in it.

2. Open NWDS in Dc perspective, n clk refresh. The project shud appear then clicking ur project select create project. Then move to web dynpro perspective ur proj will apear.

3. Then If the DC is dependent on some other DC, then that DC should be imported first into the NWDS. All the Library DCs should be imported first.After creating the project, it will compile once. In case there are some error, check whether all the used jar files are mapped to the Library DCs ( both Compiling part as well as Assembly part). After adding the required public parts in the Used DC section, DC-> Build.

Regards,

Jaspreet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaspreet,

I created a new folder with the name as mentioned in the .project file and save the proj in that folder .

But the project still not appers in the MyComponents ...

I dont know what else is required to do ??? please suggest anyother settings,which is required.

is root folder in the preferences is default as its not editable ? Or it need to be changed??

what should be the default path in that.?

Regards,

Gunja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunja,

Did u refresh on goin to my components, because until u refresh it does not appear.

Regards,

Jaspreet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Gave the configuration file in import path now its showing the local development -> mycomponents, but not showing the DCs in that...

please suggest if any other setting is required??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue. Can you please share how you solved your problem?

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved my self.

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After Importing the dc , u need to create the project and sync dcs .

Go to development infrastructure -->right click on ur Project --> Sync Used Dcs --> Create Project .and

right click on ur Project --> Sync Used Dcs --> Sync Used Dcs .

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fazal,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please can you make it a little more clear..what u suggested..and one more thing i am working on NWDS and tring to import the webdynpro DCs in Development configuration prespective.

In my development configuration prespective i am not getting the local development only... and I am not able to get .dtc folder in my workspace.

Regards,

Gunja

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

sorry dude, i have not gone through your entire post .

try this option , close the NWDS and open it again .

Thanks and regards