cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query - Content Based Routing - File to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a scenario which sends a file (multiple records) to multiple receivers based on the Header(System) of the record.

File format:

<System,Name,Age,Qualification>

If the System value is "Sys1" then it should be written into the file A, else into the file B.

Please let me know the different ways of doing it.

Is BPM mandatory for this scenario?

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

BPM is not required in this case.

You can route it thru Conditional Receiver Determination . Ie you need to mention the condition in your Receiver Determination and you can proceed for the same.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This scenario you are trying can be done using CONDITIONAL RECEIVER DETERMINATION and RB SPLIT

To do this without using a BPM.

1. Create your mapping program that will map the information from the source file

into the destination idoc. This has to be a 1:N split. Just make sure that the destination message type and message interface are are of occurrence N.

2. Also, you will have 2 destination interfaces and 2 interface mapping, one for the IDOC and one for the mail.

Now, there are a few essential steps in your configuration,

1. In the receiver determination, specify the 2 receiver systems, one for your IDOC and the other for your MAIL.

2. Now, you will have a condition window. Just type the condition on the basis of which the receiver has to be determined for the mail and the idoc business system. Just remember that the condition can be specified only for the source message.

2. In the Interface Determination, you have an option called RB CLASSIC and RB SPLIT. To do a 1:N split, you will have to do a RB_SPLIT.

Thus, your solution can be devised without a BPM wich I guess is preferred because of performance issues.

You can also go through the following to understand the step by step procedure to have 2 receivers:

<a href="/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service Inbound Interfaces within a Service</a>

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers receiver Scenario</a>

I hope I have answered your query.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ur qn has the answer too , do content based routing based on ur "payload" in ur receiver determination.

no need fo ccBPm here

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, since ur need is to route based on the "recordset" header and NOT file header , you have to configure your sender file adapter to read "1 recordset per message"