cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR triggers in CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We configured HR trigger which is successfully capturing the triggers for locking the users when they get separated from the SAP HR system. In cases where there is no user existing in the ECC system, the lock request would not get generated.

Now there is a request generated in CUP, with following message

"Request No. : 89 Trigger 270 (Rule:LOCKID, Action:LOCKUSER) processed on 1/8/2009 12:28 PMResult : The request has been created, waiting for approval.. Trigger from HRD processed on 1/8/2009 12:28 PM IST"

Would like to get some clarification/justification on the following:

1. The trigger was generated on 8th of Jan.....and the request automatically is created after 7 days i.e. on 16th of jan

2. From which mapped field the email reminder for HR trigger escalation is picked and sent to the administrator

Any inputs would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

HR Triggers is a pretty good functionality, if it works. In your case, it is working so that itself is an achievement. Here is the response to your concerns:

1. The trigger was generated on 8th of Jan.....and the request automatically is created after 7 days i.e. on 16th of jan

This depends on two background jobs HR Triggers load datat and HR Triggers.

u2022 HR Triggers Load Data u2013 schedule job for every 60 seconds

o Schedule to retrieve HR data resulting from trigger rules/actions updated to SAP HR

o Update AE HR Trigger rules and actions to SAP HR

u2022 HR Triggers u2013 schedule job for every 80 seconds

o Schedule time for the HR Trigger rules to perform the actions to the request

o Synchronize the rules/actions

2. From which mapped field the email reminder for HR trigger escalation is picked and sent to the administrator

The email will be sent to to the stage which you have configured for the escalation. This has nothing to do with HR triggers. This is a standard CUP functionality.

Regards,

Alpesh Parmar

SAP Manager (PwC)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Can you please share the configuration steps(or any doc that u followed), that will guide me through the process of HR Trigger creation and thereby the implementation of the entire process of HR triggers for

1) New Joinee

2)Employee Exit

3)Position change

I'm stuck here:

I have created the HR Trigger, but changes made to the SAP HR system does not trigger the HR Trigger. How does this happen? DO I need to make any configuration change apart from just the HR Trigger creation?

Please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

We followed the document at the following link. This is very useful document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d098a274-e492-2b10-43a0-fb9823ac...

Thanks

Abhijeet