cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to SAP after installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to logon to my SAP ECC 6.0 server after installation. When i try to login with ddic it says : "Logon not possible(error in license check)". When i try to login with sap* it says : DB Error. Please help. I have a ECC 6.0 system on a WIndows Nt server with MSSQL db.

Regards,

Sridevi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I came across this problem. This is due to the low-level Kernel (i guess in release 7.00 and level 75) that u have selected during the installation. Just do the Kernel Upgrade. It should solve your problem

Once you do this, u can login with SAP* and apply the new license.

NOTE: You can only login as SAP* whenever Temp License gets expired.

Hope this will solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to logon to my SAP ECC 6.0 server after installation. When i try to login with ddic it says : "Logon not possible(error in license check)". When i try to login with sap* it says : DB Error. Please help. I have a ECC 6.0 system on a WIndows Nt server with MSSQL db.

Regards,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

is this happening right after the installation or after specific days of the installation. basically license check issue will be arised if you have not applied a valid license as mentioned Alphonsas,

secondly check with the standard users in the default clients.

Raghunandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The DB error is due to old Kernel. Replace it with the latest one. Rest is what explained in above threads.

Regards

Rahul

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is becuase of kernel problem.

I guess your kernel will be of 7.0 patch 111.

Upgrade this and everything will work.

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sometimes happens that the kernel which is shipped with the installation dvd's do have some problems upgrade the kernel to the latest by downloading it from the service market place, this should solve your problem.

Regards

Satish babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the SAP system is built the temporary license will be valid only for 14 days.

Try to install the license from the OS level as per the above post.

If the system is freshly installed and could not able to login with sap*'s & DDIC's standard password, then try to login with master password that was given during installation.

Regards,

K.Sowndarya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can follow this procedure :

- telnet to your DB server and logon as <sid>adm

- submit command : saplicense -get to obtain hardware_key needed for license request

- issue command : saplicense -show to obtain installation number needed for license request

- request license from service.sap.com/licensekeys

- submit necessary information requred for key request

- after you got reply from SAP via email about your license key, telnet to your system and logon as <sid>adm

- issue command : saplicense -install

- you will be prompted to submit your SID, system number, hardware key, installation number, expiration date, and your license key from SAP

- type y (for yes) if you are asked whether submitted key is true.

- system will confirm your license installation is successful : saplicense: License successfully installed

then,

- logon to SAP, using SAP* with standard password : pass

- goto transaction slicense

- delete unecessary license (eg. temp license)

hope it help you

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to logon as SAP* to install the License... so let's check the logs to see why you're getting a Database error.

can you post errors in dev_w0?

Regards

Juan