SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic write off Tolerance during Payment Lot/ Account Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All~

I'm struggling with an issue for past couple of days.

I'm trying to find out how SAP write off tolerance automatically during posting of payment lot?

To explain, I have an Open item for £50.10 and when a payment is made for £50, it should clear £50 Open item and write off £0.10.

Of course this £0.10 has been maintained at Tolerance group and this in turn attached to the Contract Account.

In the clearing steps, I have selected 'Write off tolerance' check box. I have also maintained values in the posting area 0060.

But still struggling to do this. I'm able to write off £0.10 in manual account maintenance using FP06. But we want this to be done automatically during posting of Payments OR via FPMA Account maintenance.

Any clue on this? Your help is very much appreciated.

Rgds

Rajendra

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure you have maintained 99.9 in the percentage field for the tolerance group. 99.9 means you actually have no percentage limit.

"The maximum percentage rate that you can enter, 99.9, is interpreted such that no percentage limit is to have an effect. If you have kept to the amount limit, this is the only way that you can clear indidivual credit items against the difference account within account maintenance."

Hope this helps,

Bogdan