cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am running t code QA07 for recurring inspection, system is generating inspection lot for the batch, but not able to post the material to inspection stock, batch is still showing in unrestricted use only.

Please note, I am selecting option "Block Batch at Lot Creation" in QA07 initial screen.

Also, for expiration date check, batch not posted to blocked stock.

Please suggest solution for same.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Pls check the following

1. MM03 - General plant data - Batch management active

- Quality Management - QM active, Inspn type-09 active

2. MSC2N - Characteristic created

3. QA07 - Lot creation only tick

Try the above and give feedback.

Reg,

VRMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Velu,

I have tried this, result is as follows,

Lot is created properly, when doing UD Inspection lot stock TaB is not there i.e no stock posting is required for this option.

Please let me tell you just now I have tried this scenario in Quality server, its working very much fine.

Now I am not getting where can be the problem is in development server.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you very much for your replies.

Actually as mentioned earlier, message have been send from system that

Enter Receiving/Issuing Batch (Green Color)

Now I think this is the major cause for this problem, while creating the transfer posting document system is not able to pick the receiving and issuing batch.

If anyone knows where this setting is done, we will be able to crack this problem.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

So, you have doubt over the Batch only, then just for sake of your satisfaction kindly go and check the value for

SPRO->Logistics - General->Batch Management->Creation of New Batches->Define Batch Creation for Goods Movements for Movement type 322 (this movement type triggers the inspection lot for 09 type)

The value should be "No Creation" if not then check set accordingly, test the trial run and let us know.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Shyamal, its working great.

I have changed from automatic creation to no creation for both 322 and 344.

Again thank all for helping, his was really a brain twisting issue.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Good!!!!! Great really feeling well, your issue is resolved. You must assign marks to each reply, from all three repliers to this thread, Don't you think so!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Anyways, have you implemented any notes lastly?? I have faced this issue when movement type 321 from QA11 was also asking for new batch, and these settings get disturbed because we have implemented some 87-89 patches.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Allotted points to all 3 of u.

Yes u are very correct just few days ago I have implemented note for reversal of UD no 175842. I think this is the major cause of this issue.

Again thanks for u r cooperation.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amith.

That seems to be the problem Amith. As the second message regarding enter receiving batch i thought batch management may not be active. So block batch may not function.

I think Shyamal can throw better light on this

Try to do with batch management active.

Regards

gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amith

Please check for the following

1) you have a batch (with batch mangement active) in unrestricted whose inspection date is matching with intial run days you are inputting in QA07

2) make sure that the batch is not Restricted

3) batch is having next inspection date in it.

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hve checked all the above setting.

I have not activated batch status management, is it causing any problem for me??

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

batch status management

I think by this you mean the "Batch Management" in material master, Am I correct?

If I am correct then make it sure the recurring inspection can process only if the material is Batch Managed.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Shyamal ,

Batch management is active in material master of raw material,also I am getting next inspection date in RM Batch. Every thing is working fine with BATCH

I am taking about batch status management, which is defined in spro > batch management> specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Shirsath on Jan 17, 2009 10:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am taking about batch status management, which is defined in spro --> batch management--> specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management.

I don't think this should create any issue.

Pls check the followings again,

- Batch Management active for Material.

- inspection type 09 active (make sure it is active, just maintained may be deactivated) for the same plant where the batch is.

- The Next inspection Date should be there in the batch.

- When you are attempting the QA07, pls make sure the Material,Batch and plant you are providing to QA07 must not get processed at any other end in SAP.

- The Initial run in days must cover the Next Inspection date for the batch.

Even after this you get the error, kindly let me know the detail process steps you have executed.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please note, I am selecting option "Block Batch at Lot Creation" in QA07 initial screen.

Select the radio button, "To Insp. Stock at Lot Creation" here and proceed, it will work for currently created lots also.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaymal,

Thanks for the reply, i have already tried this, but system shows following error,

Recurring inspection required (Green color)

Enter Receiving/Issuing Batch (Green Color)

Inspection lot creation was not possible (Red Color) this is error message,

same is the case with

Block batch at lot creation

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check,

The inspection type 09 for the material must be activated.

There must be some stock for the material in Unrestricted Use.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

I have tried with new material also, but the same thing is happening,

Please tell me, if there can be any problem with movement type, aslo when lot is generated, in inspection lot> inspection lot quantities tab inspection stock check box is not ticked.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

For recurring inspection the stock posting to Quality is governed at QA07 itself, that is why the Post to inspection stock heck box will not appear at inspection type (09) also.

Check the stock availability in Unrestricted use.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is showing in unrestricted use only, even I have issued some qty to cost center.

Not getting exactly where the problem is??

Regards,

Amit