cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of personal master data using FileWatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

currently I am searching for a documentation the UNIX-application "FileWatch", which is able to react on file uploads for example.

The technical background is as follows:

I want to have somebody upload his personal master data to our SAP HR system via FTP.

This step works fine. The data should be imported by a special report into the infotypes. The report works, too.

The problem is to let a job start by the event "DB_END_OF_DATA_TRANSFER", which controls the report.

My first idea was to start a telnet-script after the FTP-upload, which could trigger this event. This works fine in theory. Unfortunately we can't trigger telnet-requests from the side, we receive the files from.

A colleague told me about the "FileWatch", but I did not find any documentation about using the application.

Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can suggest the usage of active Adobe forms. users just fill in a form on their PC and hit submit and the data gets uploaded. Maybe easier then FTP ?

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

unfortunately not. I think, I did not describe this topic correctly.

The master data, I want to upload, is from another location of our company. They use Lotus Notes DB's for their personal master data, but we use SAP HR.

So we would like to transfer changes from Lotus Notes to SAP via this (automated) file upload.

So active Adobe forms won't work, I think.

The process looks like this:

-> Lotus Notes -> generates file

-> send to SAP HR

-> get a job working

-> start report to handle the file

Thanks and regards

Tobias

edit 13.03.2006:

I found an internal solution for the problem. It's possible to run telnet-scripts by using FileWatch. So I am able to trigger an event within SAP.

Message was edited by: Tobias Kalder