cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox support for ITS 6.20 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to use the firefox browser to access the ITS webgui service.

The internet explorer look is more than ugly and the firefox look looks more like the sapgui (except for the missing display of the body of the transaction)

I've dowloaded and installed patch 19 and patch 20.

Am I right, that patch 20 is from 2006/12/22 ?

I'm quite sure, that I read about firefox support in one of the patch release notes, but however, the pages aren't displayed correctly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Knud,

> I would like to use the firefox browser to access the

> ITS webgui service.

Which version of Firefox do you use? Firefox 1.0.x or Firefox 1.5? This is an important difference.

> The internet explorer look is more than ugly and the

> firefox look looks more like the sapgui (except for

> the missing display of the body of the transaction)

The default theme for Internet Explorer in ITS 6.20 is "Streamline" (2002) and can easily be changed to "Enjoy" theme (99).

> Am I right, that patch 20 is from 2006/12/22 ?

Yes, from end of December. You can find this information in my sticky posting

> I'm quite sure, that I read about firefox support in

> one of the patch release notes, but however, the

> pages aren't displayed correctly.

Please be more specific about your problems. At the moment Firefox 1.5 is not a supported web browser regarding ITS 6.20 (PL 20).

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Henning,

I'm using Firefox 1.5 ( of course ).

I would add a screenshot if it's possible.

The firefox displays the upper menu bar including graphical symbols etc. But the whole body, where the menu structure and the big water drop should be visible, there's nothing to see.

Could you please explain me where to set the theme for the IE?

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Knud,

At this moment ITS 6.20 does not support Firefox 1.5. This will change at some point. If you want to use Firefox with ITS, you have to use Firefox 1.0.x at the moment.

The old enjoy design can be enabled via AdminTool: Configuration --> General --> Enjoy Design (check checkbox).

Best regards

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't understand that there are such big differences between firefox 1.5 and 1.0.x ??

Nevertheless, the "enjoy design" checkbox was the clue.

Looks much better now

Thx so far

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Knud,

> I can't understand that there are such big

> differences between firefox 1.5 and 1.0.x ??

Well, you experienced display problems in ITS 6.20 PL 20 using Firefox 1.5.x and you would not have these problems using Firefox 1.0.x. Ergo: There are differences.

(By the way: The changelogs of the different Mozilla Firefox versions show that a lot of stuff has changed. The changelogs are available here if you are interested: http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/releases/)

The current patchlevel 20 is not optimzed for Firefox 1.5 and Firefox 1.5 is not a web browser that we support at this time. Therefore I do not suggest to use Firefox 1.5 with patchlevel 20 because you won't get any help when you are experiencing problems.

Platforms supported by different ITS releases are listed here: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/002007974700000019482002E

The PAM is available here:

http://service.sap.com/pam

Cheers,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I use the supported browsers and wait for a new patch

They wrote about firefox 1.5 is under evaluation, that let me hope

Thanks for the help and for the links.