Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping - size limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We got a doubt regarding value mapping,

Is there any size limit for value mapping tables that we are creating in Configuration?

Thanks and regards,

sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since the valueMapping will be executed on Java Stack, the size limit will rely on your JVM memory setting (Heap size, basically).

But the memory request will be from your payload. As a rule of thumb, the memory requirement will be 5-10 times of your payload size.

Cheers,

Aaron

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think he means the total table size, not the number of entries per execution.

I'd say it depends on your DB installation.

You have to size it according to your expectations, or else you'll eventually get a tablespace overflow.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Thanks for the reply,

What our doubt is ...is ther any size limit to load values in Value mapping table while doing configuration in ID.

I am not asking size limit for runtime execution of value mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didnt tried giving different values.But as per our client requirement we are in a situation to maintain value mapping tables of large size. So it will be of great help if any documents or links that says about value mapping size.

Thanks and Regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

What size/rows are your planning to load in your value mapping ?

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you Create an Value mapping The size of the target element depends on the Type of data type you mention for the element in the Target Size.

I Personally feel the Size Limit Depends on the Data type used on target Field

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be based on the XI server configuration like Phys_mem. I dont think if there is any standard limit.

Thanks!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure there will be a size limit. But not sure if it is documented anywhere.

Did u try to mock various values in the table and test the limit?