cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery with reference to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When i am creating a order related delivery it is allowing me to create new line items which are not present in the referenced sales order.Our requirement is that it should not allow us to create new line items in the delivery. Do we need to create new routines for that.

Can anybody help me out.

Regards,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Smita

Go to VTLA, select the order type and delivery type and click on blue lens on top. There maintain routine 201 against the field Combination requirmt

Similarly, for new item category, go to 0184 (zero184) and donu2019t maintain any item category under the tab MItC

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Smita

There is slight mistake in the suggestion given by our elite friend Mr.Lakshmipathi

It is in your delivery type in OVLK you have to maintain copying requirements 201 against your delivery type in the item requirement field in the order reference tab definately not in VTLA

The second part of Mr.Lakshmipathi's answer is perfectly correct and you need to maintain that

That means no manual item category is to be maintained in t code 0184(delivery item category determination) against your delivery type and item cat group combination in t code 0184

Pls check this and reply back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Your solution is working but I want to know if we also want to maintain manual item category then how can we solve the problem.

Kindly reply .

Regards,

Smita

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smita

I know this solution will work

Have you tested this ?

Because with my settings if you add up another line item in the deivery the system will give an error message?

Have you read that error message?

It says that for that extra item which is added in the delivery doc there is no item category defined in table or t code 0184

That means automatic determination of delivery item category is there for your delivery type and item category group combination in t code 0184 but still system will not pick that and

if you maintain manual item category also in t code 0184 for that combination and if your user who adds the extra line item in the delivery is very smart he can manually input the delivery item category there and add that extra line item inspite if our controls in OVLK

To avoid that only we are doing that

We are putting double control

Hope i am clear

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

THANKS A LOT ..My problem is solved.

Regards,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

There is one more confusion.Even if I am maintaining manual item category i am not able to add additional line item .

Regards,

Smita

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smita

I also tried the same scenario here

Manual item category is for changing the item category manually which is determined automatically by the system

If an item category is not automatically determined by the system then i think we cant manually input the item category there

I have to test this(right now i dont have time to do that)

But it looks like your requirement is well met with OVLK settings only

If i am correct the delivery item cat determination happens here by copying the sales order item category

When the line item which is added in the delivery is not there in the sales order the system is not able to copy its item category hence the error which solves our purpose so the system is not making any access to table 0184

Anyway this requires a through testing

Regards

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha

In the Delivery type (t.code OVLK), specify value "201" in the "ItemRequirement" field and save.

Noarmally, you will find value "202" in this field.

Now, you can not add any item in the delivery which was not in the Sales order.

In copy control, settings may not be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Please check the copy controls for OR to LF.

Check whether ur item catagery is listed or not?

If yes check the copy control routines.

Also check your Order document and check for your Delivery type in shipping.

Another check is check your Item catagery whether its delivery relavent(Schedule line allowed check mark).

Hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way which i have done is removing the item determination for delivery in 0184, like not maintaining the item determination for the combination of LF+Norm........system will give an error, item category cannot be determined.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji