cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DCs while Assembling the component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the problem of broken DC while assembling the component.

The DC got broken because the standard set of DCs which are contained in sap.com_SAP-JEE, sap.com_SAP_BUILDT, sap.com_SAP_JTECHS are not present in the consolidation track "TrackTest_C" while they are present in development track "TrackTest_D".

I tried to check in those standard compnent again through CMS "check in" tab, they gets into "development" tab but when I import them they do not appear in the "consolidation" tab therefore the standard DCs do not get imported to Consolidation track "TrackTest_C".

Please let me know if you have any idea regarding this problem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathan,

Accourding to standard NWDI process after creation of track we will add the required SCA files. When ever you add the SCA files in Track then in Transport Studio check-in tab we can able to see them.

After this check-in all the SCA files, then the files will be moved to development tab. From development tab import all the files(first import dependencies and then the main SCA files) then only we are in a position to take/import the SCA files to NWDS(IDE). After importing from development tab now the files are visible in consolidation tab. Now when ever you created an activity in NWDS and releases, that it will comes to consolidation tab in NWDI.

Now the activity we released from NWDS is in consolidation tab. First try to import the dependencies and after that try to import the main SCA files. (hope we will not get any errors upto now). Finally after importing from consolidation tab check the consolidation system whether the changes are refelected or not.(hope changes are reflected). Now in assemble tab you will see all the SCA files. Even in assemble tab also first assemble the dependency files after that assemble the source files.(hope assembled successfully).

Now all the files are in test tab. In test tab again similar process. first import the dependencies of source files and then source files. Now check in your test system whether your changes are reflected or not.

hope it may helps...revert if any clarifications.

Regards,

Anil.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

solution_studio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

While Importing in Development itself you have to Import the Software Component you have import the dependencies components like (SAP_JEE,SAP_JTECHS,etc).

If this is done properly with it's dependencies components you will not get the Broken DC's..

Regards,

Baskar.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pathan,

As mentioned you are unable to see the files in consolidation tab. For this just try this process then we can see the files in consolidation too...

All the process must be done in OS level.

1) go to the path of development tab files present in OS level.

2) Copy all the files present in the path

3) similarlly go to the path of consolidation tab present in OS level.

4) paste all the copied files in the path.

5) log off and log in once.

hope we can see the files in consolidation tab.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not able to find those folders on the server.

can you please help me out if you know the exact folder

Thanks,

Feroz

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Please ensure that you have released activity of the DC in your IDE, because once you release the DC in Track_dev, you will same actitivity availalbe in Track_cons queue which can be imported and then SC can be assembled.

Regards,

Thulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thulasi,

I have already imported all the activities in Track_cons and they are waiting for assembly.

But when i try to assemble the component it gets failed and in the log i can see 'can not assemble since there are some brokrn DCs'.

Thanks

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

I've moved your question to the NWDI forum. There you will have more oportunities to obtain an answer.

Regards,

Désiré