cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP & Java Concepts required for SAP-NW XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As a fresher, I want to start a career in SAP ans SAP Netweaver- XI/PI. After going through some blogs, forum, sap stuff etc, I came to know the prerequisites for XI is both ABAP and Java...

But I am not sure which concepts in ABAP and Java are required for an SAP XI consultant, as I see SAP itself is an Ocean. So Apart from XI concepts , what are all the concepts needed in ABAP and Java.

As for XI concepts are concerned there is a lot of stuff in SDN itself. Only thing is, one shd have patience to search and proper guidance while learning.

Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why dont you go through this series;

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

that should help you decide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for you reply.

Those blogs cover XI concepts. But I was looking for ABAP and Java concepts required for an XI Developer.

Where and when do we need ABAP and Java in XI

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I think the best thing for you is to understand the concepts of SAP XI.

Once you have delt with the above you will be in a position to decide what level of knowledge is required as an XI developer.

Regards

Sunil.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Where and when do we need ABAP and Java in XI

something quite common a question but here is a small desc.

ABAP -

for scenarios involving, IDoc, RFC, ABAP proxies and ABAP mappings

Java -

Core java - UDFs in graphical mapping

advanced - java mapping, adapter modules, java proxies etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said you are a fresher first concentrate on XI Concepts and be clear about the XI and try to implement some sample scenarios which will take you to the required concepts in ABAP and Java automatically.

For Eg In order to implement ABAP Proxy it will help you out in knowing some funda of ABAP

For Java sure you need to know basic funda of classes ,interfaces,implements and if you know beans then well and good it will help you surely in understanding XI Adapter functionality easily and can implement your own adapter modules too

HTH

Rajesh