cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP Error for only for Service Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are on SRM 5.5 with ECC6.0 in Classic Mode and trying to create a PO in ECC.

We are facing a unique issue. We have maintained all the required settings for material as well as

services. When a material is transferred to SoCo and assigned a vendor it creats a PO in ECC. But when we are transferring service, the PO does not get created.

The error in RZ20 (backend error) shows error "Enter Material Group" although material group is present in the SC and replicated from ECC to SRM and can be seen in Comm_hierarchy

Issue is unique coz of following results.

1. ECC PR - Free Text Item -> acc ass cat - k -> P grp 200 -> Material Grp X ->

Item Cat D -

PR sent to SRM to SOCO and create PO FAILS

2. ECC PR - Free Text Item -> acc ass cat - k -> P grp 200 -> Material Grp X ->

Item Cat "Blank" -

PR sent to SRM to SOCO and create PO SUCCESS

3. SRM SHC - Free Text Item -> acc ass cat - k -> P grp 200 -> Material Grp X ->

Item Cat D -

PR sent to SRM to SOCO and create PO SUCCESS

Hence for the same set of data the Material PR creates a PO but Not Service. Also for the same service data the SRM SHC also creates a PO.

Only the PDP service PR fails. Any views why? is there any specific settings for Service in PDP?

We have replicated the masters and groups properly.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts any help on the above issue?

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have noticed the following difference when the ext req for Material (which creates PO) and Service (which fails) are compared in BBP PD

1. The field EXT_DEM_POSID (External Requirement Tracking Number) in Table BBP_PDIGP for service shows the value as 000100000000010 whereas for material it shows value 00010. That means the details in SOCO under follow on documents tab shows external requirement number for service as xxxxxxxxx/1000000 (probably last 5 digits truncated) wheras for material it shows xxxxxxxxx/10.

Is this standard or this is an error. Can this be linked to my original issue.

2. The field BE_OBJ_ITEM in table BBP_PDBEI for the failed service PO is blank whaereas for material it takes the value 00010.

What is the importance of this field?

Apart from this I have also found a note in which corrections are delivered for SRM 550 patch level 11 which is our current patch level. That means these corrections are already present in our system. The program code says.

• reference to BE purchase requistion

IF is_item-ext_demid IS NOT INITIAL AND

is_item-ext_dem_posid IS NOT INITIAL.

mc_assign_x ls_be_item preq_no is_item-ext_demid.

mc_assign_x ls_be_item preq_item is_item-ext_dem_posid(5).

• when service item, remove mat_grp in extreq scenario

• because it can differ from original purch. req. item

IF is_item-product_type = c_ptype_service.

CLEAR ls_be_item-matl_group.

ENDIF.

This clearly says when service item, remove mat_grp in extreq scenario and that is what our problem is. The error is basically for "Enter material Group".

Kindly let me know whats your opinion or resolution.

Thanks

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts...

Any help on this?

Hussain

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check this sap note 664522 on pdp service ?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above note seems close to the problem but it is very old note and I cannot locate the note in transaction "snote" in either of the systems. It says 'unable to find note'. Not sure this note is applicable for which SAP software component.

Any further inputs.

Regards

Hussain

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

There are restrictions to processing of external requirements with classic scenario. For more details, you can check on the below note:

Note 505030 - Restrictions for the integration of external requirements.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked the note but not able to zero down our issue. Past 2 days we have checked most of the related settings but no success.

I have a doubt to discuss. We have also made SUS settings in the same client as "EBP_SUS" i.e. SRM & SUS are same one client. Does SUS settings anyway conflict with MM-SRV scenario?

Request your expert comments.

Hussain