cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build errors in ESS (NWDI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to set up NWDI for ESS (ESS 6.0), when I create project for essgbpdata it is giving me error.

I tried sync sources / Sync Archives and rebuild etc many times, it didnu2019t solve the issue. I have no clue which package to include for missing files.

"cannot find the class file for com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.AbstractType"

"this compilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.AbstractType"

I tried following posts of sdn like /people/vinoth.murugaiyan/blog/2007/08/24/essmss-customization-150-make-it-simple but there is no mention of any build errors. Where as I see many build errors and can not build the NWDI projects successfully.

Could you please help me out with these errors?

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Edited by: padmalatha kontham on Jan 16, 2009 1:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check to see if the SAP_JTECHS software component is imported in to this track and the references are maintained correctly in the SLD.

I see that com.sap.aii.proxy.framework belongs to the SAP_JTECHS software component. Talk to your basis team.

Hope this helps.

--MLS

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

You need to check two things. 1. version of NWDS and 2. version of Java.

These two must be compatible for you development environment and the actual ESS developed environment (on which SAP developed this ESS). First check whether you are using right environment.

If you are using the same then,

1. Rebuild the project

2. Close and Open the project

3. Some times we need to Close and Open the NWDS

4. Finally, try to add the jar files manually . It is cubersome but you may have to do it.

Please do the following:

Project --> Properties --> Java Build Path --> Select Libraries Tab

Click on Add External Jars -> in the wizard, browse to

<NWDS installed directory>/eclipse/pligins/ <the missing jar file>

For example if you are using NWDS 7.0 version

C:/Program files/ SAP/ IDE/IDE70/eclipse/pligins/com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.AbstractType

Like this, you need to add all the missing jar files.

If JRE also missing, then

Add Library --> JRE System Library --> Select the JRE you are using --> Click on Finish

Regards,

Siva