Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Reports in Web Dynpro iView

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need a favour from you in estimating small requirement with BI reports & Web Dynpro iView.

My first query, is it possible to build horizontal drilldown menus

Second query, is it possible link the BI Reports from Web Dynpro application

third query, is it possible to put both Web Dynpro iView & BI Reports view in one Portal iView.

If all the above are possible, I have a requirement that should fulfil the below

In a portl iView, I have several BI Reports displays based on called report. But at the moment links to the report are in simple hyper link. Instead of hyperlinks, I want a horizontal menus as hierarchical/child structure. To acomplish this I chose, Web Dynpro as the best solution.

I have some development exeperience in Web Dynpro, but never encounterd such a requirement.

If any one can help me out in estimation, posibilites of the solution that would be a great help for me.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Chinna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Check the following threads:

/community [original link is broken]://

And a How To Guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f35908-ecd4-2910-6c89-e75e1054...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a303e745-0d01-0010-b280-802bca84...

*Second query, is it possible link the BI Reports from Web Dynpro application

third query, is it possible to put both Web Dynpro iView & BI Reports view in one Portal iView.*

You can not assign two types of app in a single iview but you can have multiple iviews assigned to a page.

This will guide you.

Regards.

Rajat

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for the reply.

As you said that we can have multiple iViews on a page. I think, I need to do the same.

But here, I already have a BI iView in a page, with the links to the reports. Now in this same page, I need to include Web Dynpro iView with horizontal menus (with chid structure). This menu items should call the BI Repot iView.

As I already said, I have idea only in Web Dynpro, could you please tell me the above requirement is possible or not. And with only idea in Web Dynpro, how long would it take. Could we give any rough estmation for the above.

Thanks,

Chinna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

I do not think you can link standard iviews. What you can do is create menus in the webdynpro view and then create another view which has links to those reports and depending upon the selection you can call the reports.

I have never worked on BI part so just want to know :

Are BI reports accessible through URL ? If yes, then you can use either linktoURL or toolbarto URl to call your BI report from the WD JAVA view.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Rajat