cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI date and reversal issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have number of deliveries which have got shipped, but the good issue date is missing. Now when i am trying to do the Reverse of GI, it gives me error saying no good issue date. Can anyone plz advice how to go about these.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahav,

As per Mr. Lakshmipathi's statement , when ever u try to reverse the pgi, it will automatically pop up the actual goods issue date . In vlo09 we always prefer goods issue date is equal to reverse date. As per ur statement( goods issue date is not there) please check the following

1) check in the document flow for that delivery document.whether pgi is done or not

2) check for the material document, coz when ever pgi or cancellation will happen there material document will generate....

3) check the material documents in mb51 to know the document posted date for the mvt type 602.and 601.

3) or else consult ur mm consultant whether proper settings were done regarding the material documents.

regard,

ram.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How did you confirm that the PGI is completed? Could you find the material document for this?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If the Actual GI Date is blank, SAP is not recognizing that a PGI has occured and therefore has nothing to reverse in VL09

How do you know that the PGI has already occured?

Look in the document flow for the delivery for the PGI document number.

Look in in MMBE for the material in Plant Sloc stock under interim storage type (typically 910 ISSUE or similar)

If there is no GI document in document flow & there IS stock in 910 ISSUE (or the like), then no reversal is necessary if the end state you desire is a delivery that has no PGI

To Post Goods Issue, go to Tcode VL02N and click "Post Goods Issue"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have the material document, but when i have try do the Goods Issue reversal, the actual goods issue date is copied as 00/00/0000 and gives an error as Material document not found for cancellation after executing the vl09.

Plz advice Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to update actual GI date during the Vl09.

Thanks

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure how the given scenario happened. However I would suggest that go to VL09 and fill your delivery no. and execute. select the line item and then select Define Date tab, change the Local Date same as actual GI date --> Enter and then select the reverse tab. Hope this will resolve your issue.

This is just a guess, but try it and let us know the outcome.

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all you guys. The work around had helped to reverse the pgi. But, i am not sure how to identify why the Actual goods issue had been missing. Can you please suggest where exactly to look in to this. I have checked the oss notes (no help in the notes), i couldnt re-create the error too.

Please advice if you have any information.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,There is no actual GI date there, it only has 00/00/0000, is there any way in the background which can be used to post the shipment completion date in actual goods issue date field in vl09.

Plz advice

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghav,

Why do you ned to do this in the background if you are trying to fix one delivery - why not post in the foreground using VL02N & the actual date? SAP will allow you to back-date the "Actual Goods Issue Date" provided that date is still within your system's open posting periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the PGI has not been made, then do the PGI with the date on which the material had been despatched. Out the planned PGI date and the Actual PGI date as the past date,System will post but may not reflect the actual stoc situation at the time since you may have done many PGIs lateron.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can enter the outbound delivery note, normally the GI date is equal to the planned GI data, so you can try to use planned GI data to reverse it again.

Good day

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to reverse the Post Goods Issue (PGI) on this delivery using transaction VL09. I am getting an error message . The error message I am getting is "No material document could be found for cancellation.

The Actual Goods Issue date is showing blank and this is the reason behind not successfull PGI reversal. I am trying to re create this issue, but the actual PGI date is showing up now.

Please suggest how to go about this to do reverse PGI? There is a oss notes with # 331758 , but this only restricted for 5 and 6 version, i am on 4.7.

Please advice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally if you have not maintained any date in Actual GI Date and do PGI, by default the delivery document will consider system date as Actual GI Date. Hence, I am surprised to note your comments that the said field is blank.

Go to VL02N, input the delivery reference and execute. Ensure that the delivery is PGId. I think it is not.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

The problem is, due to some reason the Actual good issue has been deleted, i am not sure how, the PGi has already been done.

Is there any other way i can try the reversal PGI?

Thanks for your help