cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Archiving Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm in the process to configure Xi archiving process. Following the oss note 872388 for background jobs for archiving process.

Following is my setting for retention period:

category paraneter subparameter value

1. archive persitent duration Async 30

2. deletion persitent duration Async 31

3. deletion persitent duration history 32

4. deletion persitent duration Sync 30

5. deletion persitent duration error Sync 31

Following jobs has been succesfully completed for deltion of xml message and history entries:

1. SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_700

2. SPA_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_700

and ARV_BC_XMB_WRP and ARV_BC_XMB_DEL jobs has created archive and delete steps has also compated without any error.

As per my understanding, all xml message before 30 days should be archived in the system and i should not see any message in sxmb_moni tcode older then 30 days but it has not happened. I'm able to see all xml message of the last year..

is it the right process fro archiving or is there something missing in this process?

Pls confirm.

Thanks

Amar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Yes, As per the persist duration period, after the message achieves its persist duration and the archive deletion jobs are done then it should not be there in SXMB_MONI.

But Did you defined interfaces for archiving in SXMB_ADMIN---Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods

Here you select the interfaces for which you want to archive the messages.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for all your reply:

All xml messages older then 31 days has been removed from the system. Process has archived and delete the xml from the database.

'rsxmb_show_status' report shows the 12,747 message with system error (014 number). With business approval, i run the 'rsxmb_cancel_messages' report and it cancelled the 2177 messages. Now 'rsxmb_show_status' 10.598 system error. I checked the system but not able to find the 10.598 system error xml messages. Could you pls let me know how to check it?

I have scheduled the following job for archiving:

SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE

This job write the messages to the archive and delete the archived message( so these are two jobs: ARV_BC_XMB_WRP* and ARV_BC_XMB_DEL*).

I have scheduled one more job to delete the xml messages (SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE*).

Question is: if archive job (SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE) already archived and delete the xml message why we need to schedule the another job to delete xml message (SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE*).

Do it required or should i need to cancel it? Pls suggest.

Thanks

Amar

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_XMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES job just archive the message and to delete these messages report RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES is run. the othe job you specified is to delete the non archived messages.

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

as fas as I understand there is one issue remaining: how to find the 10.598 messages in error state.

If you do not see them in SXMB_MONI I am pretty sure that these messages are acknowledgements. To include this type of messages please run SXMSB_MONI once again and check option 'With Acknowledgement Messages' at 'Advanced Selection Criteria'. Select status group 'Errors' and provide a proper time frame. Then the errorneous messages shall show up in the monitor.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald

Last question of archiving. I'm still confused with it:

if archive job (SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE) already archived and delete the xml message why we need to schedule the another job to delete xml message (SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE*).

Do it required or should i need to cancel it? Pls suggest.

Thanks again.

Amar

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

in XI reorganization we distinguish between 2 types of action:

(1) deletion of XML messages (without prior archiving)

(2) archiving of XML messages with subsequent deletion

The action to be taken is stored in the so-called 'interface action' that is individually assigned to each message right wehn it enters the Intergration Server/Integration Engine. The XI house-keeping jobs take care of XML messages with respect to their interface action. You therefore need to schedule

SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE* for type (1)

SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE* for type (2)

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amarjit

Also try have a look at chapter 14 in [SAP Exchange Infrastructure Troubleshooting Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bd5950ff-0701-0010-a5bc-86d45fd52283]

It has some good points on archiving.

Best regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Have a look into the most recent Weblog featured in the forum.

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2009/01/14/deletion-and-archiving-in-pi

and this one too..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

Regards

Sunil.