Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QGC1: prevent close control chart

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When using QGC1 transaction there are buttons present with which you can change the control chart status. I know Q_SPC is used in authorisation for QGC1, but I do not seem to find how to remove the buttons "activate" and "close" control chart.

I tried ST01 authorisation trace to find the object if any, but was not successfull.

SAP notes does not reveal much information either.

Can any one help with this?

Thanks,

Suzy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzy,

The object Q_SPC is actually controlling the authorization of the user for activating, closing the control charts amongst other things. If you do not provide the values for the SPC criterion the object will restrict you from activating or closing the control charts for the the SPC criterion.

The buttons will continue to be there, but would not solve any purpose.

But, if you do not want to see the buttons there itself, I do not think even a transaction variant is going to solve the probloem.

The authorizations in Q_SPC are not for de-activating the buttons, but just control its usage.

There is no other authorization object which controls it either,

Regards,

Subbu

3 REPLIES 3

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suzy

QGC1 is not my main area of expertise - but looking in SU24, I can see that the object Q_SPC is suggested

If that doesn't do the trick, you might try with a transaction variant, from a security point of view, not a bullet proved solution but it might help you here.

You can find a small How-to [here|http://www.mhn-consulting.com/Security/transactionvariants.htm]

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should also check whether the user can actually use the button, and even if they do use it... does "something" actually happen?

Of course this is not intuitive programming, but it is not nessecarily a security risk either.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzy,

The object Q_SPC is actually controlling the authorization of the user for activating, closing the control charts amongst other things. If you do not provide the values for the SPC criterion the object will restrict you from activating or closing the control charts for the the SPC criterion.

The buttons will continue to be there, but would not solve any purpose.

But, if you do not want to see the buttons there itself, I do not think even a transaction variant is going to solve the probloem.

The authorizations in Q_SPC are not for de-activating the buttons, but just control its usage.

There is no other authorization object which controls it either,

Regards,

Subbu