cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator got locked - WAS 6.40 - SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SP15 version available in sdn downloads. This installs WAS,MAXDB and PORTAL. After installation when i tried to login using "Administrator" user it says "Authentication failed" . When i logged in as SAP* user, i could see that the administrator was locked. Even after unlocking it, and deactivating SAP* user, iam not able to login as administrator. Basically just after installation administrator is locked.Any idea..? Did any body faced this prob with SP15?

regards,

Sujesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujesh,

If you are still stuck then let me know. As I have already faced and solved the similar problem.

May be I can help you...

Regards,

Daman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Even i am also having the same problem. How do i logon to portal and unlock the administrator. I believe this also would require user name and password.

Thanks in Advance for help

Regards,

Rupak Kumar..

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Rupak,

I believe you know how to activate and de-activate SAP* user.

So, do the following:

1. Use SAP* to login to portal and unlock the admin.

2. Go to Visual Admin, login using SAP* (hope you know how to create a new user for V.A. )

3. Go to <server instance>->Services->ScurityProvider

4. Here, go to tabs Runtime->User Management

5. From left tree, select Group Administrators, then user Administrator. the left pane will show its details.

6. Click on edit (Pencil) button on top.

7. Here, change password and don't forget to check 'No password change required'.

8. Disable the SAP* user. Try logging with your admin user and new set password.

Bingo....here you go.

Hope you got it!

Regards,

Daman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daman,

Your description helped as i was not sure of where to edit and activate the SAP* user.

Now things are working now.

Thanks,

Rupak Kumar...

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reward the points and close the thread. This will help others to know whtat questions are closed.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Daman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daman.i just install the sapnetweaver SneakPreview SP16, i create one step by step j2ee ejb Calculator application and try to deployee it through Netweaver developer studio and fail then i try to deploy using remoteGui and still no luck and having this error

Starting Deployment of CalculatorEar

Aborted: development component 'CalculatorEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2006.07.03.17.28.10':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment of CalculatorEar finished with Error (Duration 2344 ms)

i am also not able to login to Visual Administrator i am giving Host as localhost and port as 50004 cause my P4 port is 50004 as i can see through J2EEsystemInformation and also through ConfigTool, i don't no also what username password i should provide here by default it ask for Administrator when i click on connect i found this error Cannot open connection on localhost:50004.

i am really stuck to deploye my first application, any help will be higly appreciated.

regards,

Zeeshan

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Login to portal, You can unlock the user from user administration >> user

Hope this goes well

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj