cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to install SMD Agent Candidates using the SMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I want to bind a candidate SMD agent to my managing system. According to the guide I have to select one of the agent candidates and a new frame should appear where I can enter a username and a password.

The problem is that this frame does not appear.

Can someone help me out on this one ?

kind regards

Davy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davy,

This solution is only applicable for SolMan 7.0

1. Kindly check if the Maintenance Mode is OFF.

After selecting the candidate Agent, a new frame will be opened(not a window).

This frame will be just below the table, from where you have selected your Candidate agent.

You need to expand it.

I hope this will help.

For more details ::

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/diagnostics

End to End Root Cause Analysis > Installation & Configuration > Root Cause Analysis Installation and Upgrade Guide

Refer to page 22( in pdf page 27 of 49).

Best Regards,

Pradeep Bishnoi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

my solution manager is a 7.0. The problem is that the frame that should appear when I click on the candidate does not appear.

kind regards

Davy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Davy,

When you are in the SLD View be sure that you have write access to the SLD. If you take the first connection in the connection parameters this can be read-only.

What you can do is: take the "Custom SLD Connection Parameters" option, everything will be filled in as the first connection but you can change the accounts.

You can try just to apply whithout changing anything. Now you will see at the bottom of the screen the "Attach..." button.

If you attach a SMD Agents to your managing system this can take more then 10 minutes.

Kind regards,

Robby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robby,

this indeed solved mij problem.

this case can be closed.

grtz

Davy

Answers (0)