cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Hardware License and install it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gruru,

I'm having a problem with my hardware License, normally I've an elimitated license to access the SAP-System.

So, as I started the Transaction "USMM" to make the system measurement needed for SAP, I saw that the Hardware License(Temporary License) has expired one year ago.

by doing this : saplicense -show

So, did I get a new License to change the Hardware License, but unfortunately it was refused by the system (Transaction SLICENSE) so I used saplicense -install ifile=??? to set my newly license.

But this proceeder has failed and then I tried manually to set the data, but it has also failed telling me that the 24characters are not correct and so the license has failed.

The hole operation made me crazy and I ask many people telling them, if SAP will accept the DATA for the System Measurement having a Hardware Tempory License.

I think last year I made the hole operation with a Hardware Tempory License.

So, am I looking for a way to set the Hardware License and if not then not.

Regards,

Kais

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kais,

First of all I assume your meanhardware key and not license and your issue is the SAP license itself.

If this is correct then please refer to OSS note 870871 if you have not done it already. In hugher release you do it through transaction SAPLICENSE only and not through the OS level utility.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thank you for replaying. I actually have a license, an unlimited license.

The problem by using the Transaction USMM(try the transaction) that I got a Harware Key with Temporary License.

When I execute the transaction SLICENSE I got a Temporary License by the license is set to 9999.

The problem that I explicitly must click on new license to see the truly license.

And unfortunately I can't save this.

I mean I have already a license set to 9999 but my actually need that I don't want to send all my SAP-System Measure that I need to send until the first week of februar, having a hardware key set to TempLicense.

How can I handle this?

It seems that the SLICENSE don't let me save the new property, I already have SAP_ALL, so what is actually going on :

System License set to 9999

Execute SLICENSE -> System set to temporary License will expire on Year 9999.

I click on new License, the old new license is set and I see the green light rather then the red one.

But I can't save, so the operation can't be proceeded.

Anyone has an Idea.

Best regards,

Kais

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the OS level and do a saplicense -show and get all the details of the temp license, then do a saplicense -delete and fill the blanks, this will remove the temp license and will not longer show up in transaction SLICENSE.

Once the Temp license is removed you should get a clear USMM report.

Hope that help

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Thank you for replying.

I've done the operation of deleting the license.

The problem now that I can't save the license.

When I click on new license the unlimited license is shown but I can't save the settings.

Now, when I go to the console and I do :

saplicense -install ifile=???? it doesn't work.

Hint : the ifile contains the newly license, not the the license present in SLICENSE, which is our first unlimited license, how can I resolve this.

Best Regards,

Kais

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add it via transaction SLICENSE -> New licenses -> install

I thought you already had the new license installed.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't want to add this new license because I already have the old license.

The problem that I can't save the setting, it means the saving option is desactivated and that is that everytime that I execute SLICENSE it show me license until 9999 but there is no hardware id and there is no license shown with the green light.

I need then to click on new license, which show me the license with green button.

I also need to click on remote Hardware to show me the Hardware Id.

Now, I can't save it means I need to do it manually when the next time I execute SLICENSE.

So, we have an infinit loop, a deadlock with no change.

This affect the transaction USMM for the system-measurement that I need to do :

I see no more TEMPLICENSE but now the Hardware Key is equal to A0000000000.

What a thing.

Ps. It seems to be a database problem.

Regards,

Kais

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very weird... have you tried from another client?...

Also, if that doesn't help maybe opening an OSS message is not a bad idea.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried many times with different clients.

But it seems that nothing works.

Hm, I really don't know what to do?

Should I wait until the problem is resolved, before I can send the SAP-Measurement System(Systemvermessung) Data to SAP, I think that the deadline still fare away.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think an error in the USMM report about the license will affect... but you can talk to your SAP Account Manager and explain the problem, in the mean time as i said before you can open an OSS message and get SAP to check the issue.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

I'll then open an oss message

Best Regards,

Kais