cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS: CCMS_OS_Collect shows "value is obsolete"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the CCMS monitoring in Transaction rz20. Everything works fine exept of the monitores which will be collected by the method CCMS_OS_Collect . I'm not using a CEN. The "oscollector state" monitor says "value is obsolete" although in transaction os06/os07 the collector values are up to date. I'm facing this problem only on two of our six SAP instances.

We have some SAP instances running on the same hardware. In one instance the monitor is working without any problems in the other (on the same hardware) I have the problem descriebed above. I set all stetting in rz20 equal on both systems. Has anyone any idea how I can find out, why the monitor is not getting "fresh" status informations?

Thanks Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

still the same. OS06 is fine. rz20 is bad.

Regards

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ulrike,

Then I would suggest that you raise an OSS call. They will be able to help you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ulrike,

Meanwhile I would like to still try helping you out. What OS are you using. Also in case of Unix just check if everything is fine with NFS mount if it is being used. For windows check for shares.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

all saposcols now have the same version (newest version). The result stays the same.

Regards,

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ulrike,

What happens if you start SAPOSCOL from the instance that is causing the issue ?

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

I did this two days before, but the result was the same. I checked the version of the saposcols. Three have the same version, one is newer. At the moment the version is running that is the same for three systems. But this three instances include the one which causes the trouble.

I just checked what happend if I use the newest version that is available on the system (that is the one, that we have only in one exe directory), but the result is still the same.

Regards

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

What I mean is that please ensure that SAPOSCOL is of the newest release for all the 4 instances. Each one of these would have their own SAPOSCOL. Update all the 4 SAPOSCOLs.

Frankly this is one of weirder issues but may be we need to explore all possible options.

With Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit Khushu,

the parameter exe/saposcol does not point to the same path, but the parameter DIR_PERF is identical.

In fact we have four SAP instances running on the same hardware. For three instances the monitors get data and only on one system I don't get the data for the monitor. All four instances have different path setting in exe/saposcol (/usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run/saposcol).I also tried to stop the saposcol and started it from another directory. All three systems recognized first that the saposcol was not running and then set the state again to running. Only the fourth system didn't react.

Regards

Ulrike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ulrike,

This is pretty strange. So there are 4 instances. 3 are working fine and 4th one is the bad apple. Can we please try this out:

Stop the currently running SAPOSCOL. Then please start the SAPOSCOL from the 4th instance. Check what happens now.

Additionally I hope SAPOSCOL is of the same (newest)version for all instances as mentioned in the SAP link as well.

Regards.

Ruchit .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ulrike,

This is pretty strange since it works for OS06 seems to be alright. However let us try a few things. Please make sure that the value of profile parameter exe/saposcol is same in both the instances running on same hardware. Ensure the service<sid>adm and <<sid>adm of the concerned instance has access to this directory (i believe this really may not be the issue since OS06 looks fine). For unix ensure root user also has the access. In case you need to change,change it and restart the affected instance. If still this does not work may be giving a restart to SAPOSCOL would be an option as well.

Please check this link as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/c4/3a6c5a505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

With Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.