Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Version SPP Field

former_member376363
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was configuring 000 version for my current SPP implementation and I couldn't find any help about the purpose of the field "Activate Data Areas for Transaction Data" under SPP space, even in the help the best practices, blogs or wikis.

Does anybody know the purpose of this field? Because in the manual "Configuring SPP in a Landscape with SAP ERP and SAP SCM" (http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/46/B2920300DB0762E10000000A1553F6/frameset.htm) under the step Basic Customizing in SAP SCM->Maintaining Model and Version Management it says nothing about setting this flag.

Thanks!

Zorday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zorday,

You can activate this indicator if version is not created before. Once version is created without activating it, it will appear as "no change" grey area. You can do onething. You can copy this version by giving someother name and activate this functionality and save it in the same model.

Hope this helps you.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I got stuck with this activation and found your useful tip while searching SDN for solution. When I save 000 in another version, it permits me to 'Activate Data Areas for Transaction Data' under SPP tab, but I cd not activate CBF Time Series Update and Update from ATP Time Series (Kindly refer below the image pasted from Transaction screen /SAPAPO/MVM. Appreciate if  you could forward the steps so that I can find out what exactly I am missing? You may also kindly include the prerequisites like deactivate Live cache (if it make sense) etc.. My system is SCM 2007.

Thanks in advance

Raghuram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member376363
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank Senthil.

Do you know if I can activate this after the creation of the version?

For example via TDL activation?

Thanks,

Zorday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zorday,

The field "Activate Data areas for Transactional data" in SPP transfers all time series data (ie data area where all data are stored in tables) from model to version during copying or creation. These data are very relevant for SPP and specific for SPP during planning.

Regards

R. Senthil mareeswaran.