SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of Storage Location to existing Reference DC

kumarg5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a query related to Reference DC.

We have 4 storage locations (S.Loc) to the Ref.DC 'RFDC' & the same is been used for all our DC's

But, Now can I add one more S.Loc to the Ref. DC?

Also want to understand if we add any new S Loc to the Ref. DC, do we have to take any precautions for the same...i.e any pre requisite activity that need to be followed.

Regards,

Kumar.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Sure you can add a new S/L for the reference DC, I can't see there's any 'precautions' need beware.

The only question is: why do you want to do it?

Regards,

Steven

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Sure you can add a new S/L for the reference DC, I can't see there's any 'precautions' need beware.

The only question is: why do you want to do it?

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos

hi steven,

Thanks for the reply,

I will give you the details of my query:

Our S/L for DC & Ref DC are 10, 20, 30, 40. which are being used from long time.

Recently We created new S/L 50, 60, 70, 80 to a new DC 1234 as per business requirement.

But when the old articles got listed to this new DC, it started giving a msg S/L '10' doesn't exist for site 1234.

As S/L '10' comes by default and is not defined as a S/L in site 1234.

Then we have to go in MM42, and then change the S/L to 50 manually.

As the articles were in large number, i thought of using MASS.

but in here it is giving me an error saying, S/L 50 doesnt exist for Ref DC 'RFDC'.

so, I wanted to add the S/L 50 for RFDC, so that I can use the MASS transaction to change the S/L of those articles.

let me know, if there requires any attention.

I found a note, 1038417. Iam talking about the same error.

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the scenario in my sandbox/testing clients hence couldnt implement the instructions as per the sap note.

Regards,

kumar..

Edited by: kumar on Jan 18, 2009 10:51 AM

0 Kudos

In this case you should add S/L 50 to RFDC.

You could aslo update the reference article if you want to default it for further new articles creation.

Regards,

Steven

kumarg5
Participant
0 Kudos

note applied.

we also removed the entries in MARD table for the RFDC and S.Loc 50 combination (which were created before applying the note).

problem solved.

thanks,

kumar