Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU25 Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Currently I am doing Security Upgrade (4.6C to ECC 6.0). In Step 2B of SU25 (Compare Transactions) I need to Adjust the New Authority Objects thrown. Does any one give me an approach on how to Carry on this Activity.

As if now What I can think about is :

1) Accept SAP proposal as it is Or

2) Send the List of modified Tcodes to Business and get the Information.

3) Take a call on Technical tcodes involving Security and Basis folks.

Can any one suggest me a better Approach to expediate this process? Please feel free to share your experiances.

Thanks a lot!!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I recommend to go with SAP recommendations on the new objects. Incase, if you have more customized authorization objects, you may need to relook at your business people. In case if your landscape doesn't have more customized objects, you need to identify the activity groups that will be effected with the change and rework on them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin - I was in similar situation few backs, what we did is we maintained new objects with least authority. For IS or Basis Auth objects I researched on SAP sites and assigned low critical authorization.

On business side, I involved BA's in helping me understand the terminology to maintain new objects. I saw many times SU53 pulling incorrect data when business roles are concerned. I would say it will be risky to take your call on business roles though you will not see big deal on IS side of roles.

i did not automatically inherited new auth objects in SU25 but pulled the list of roles effected and individually maintained it.

Thanks!