cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate a profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

need to train the network administrators of a client on SAP administration so i what to assign a profile that would not permit them to perform any task in other modules especially IMG.

tried assigning the SAP_* PROFILE and i got an error Profile SAP_* does not exist or is not active.

so the question how do i activate this profile.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victoria,

My guess is that some one might have asked you to assign SAP_* profiles and you are following that to the core. Actually just type SAP_* and thereafterwards do an F4. You will get a list of all profiles that begin with SAP_. Assign the appropriate ones.

With Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit!...

Welcome back!

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks a lot although it is quite embarassing for me that you welcome me back everytime I come back to the forum and then I vanish in thin air.

Congrats for becoming the moderator of the fourm.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit and Juan,

When and how can I come to your level?

If you two keep on providing answers to quickly then I guess that guys like me would take another 20 years to match the forum points as yours 😛

Keep it up anyways... You make our life easy

Thank you Juan and Ruchit.

Best regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranay,

Thanks for your commendations. Points really don't matter really beyond a point. May be they just give you an impression that you are decent enough. What eventually matters is the knowledge you can accquire of the forum. So keep learning and teaching us as well.

I believe Juan too would nice words to say here.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranay,

As Ruchit said... Points are not that important, important is what you can get out of the forum to add to your knowledge. Also points are not a guarantee that will get it right ;-)... I read lots of posts a day and learn a lot from them and that is what give me the kick.

Read, read and read.... thats the key!

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres no such profile as SAP_*... you need to specify SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW...

SAP Standard profiles do not need to be activated or generated.

regards

Juan