Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Wily Introscope to a different server

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

right now we have Solution Manager and Introscope EM running on the same server. I am thinking to move EM to a separate server.

Has anybody experience regarding performance when these two systems are running on separate servers? Even different OS systems?

Also: is there any documentation what needs to be changed in Solution Manager, EM or the SMD

agents? Or has anybody done this and has a list of the changes?

Thanks,

Ingrid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Hi

do you by chance have any more Information on this and maybe a document on how you did this?

Regards,

Niklas

0 Kudos

Hi Niklas,

time is running, 6 years and some SolMan releases are gone now

Generally I would do a fresh installation on the new wily introscope em host. Belonging to SolMan 7.1 SPS 10, better SPS12, a SMD-Agent have to be installed at the wily host too and successfully connected to the SolMan. At the End replace the data files like it is mentioned in the installation guide. Think about an upgrade of wily and follow the steps in installation guide.

• Stop the old wily em
  • Move the files to the new wily em
  • start the new wily em
  • In TA SOLMAN_SETUP open Basic Configuration > Step 3 Configure CA Introscope.
  • Add the new installed introscope em, remove the old one
  • With SPS12 a mass configuration of the wily introscope settings in the managed systems configuration step "enter system parameters" is possible. The information will be shown after the introscope settings where changed in basic configuration guided procedure.

It's just the way how this could be done, to get an idea. A response how you did this movement is welcome.

Regards,

Sascha

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

thanks for your fast reply.

We are currently running SolMan 7.1 SPS 12 and the Wily is already on the 9.1.xxx version

We will give this a try to reduce the memory load on the SAP App + DB Server.

As soon as I got some news and maybe a Dokument on how we did, I'll let aou all know.

Regards,

Niklas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingrid,

my movement is done now.

As we discussed it is very simple. There are only the wily connection paremeters in SolMan Diagnostics Setup which must fit to the new server. In my case I moved the SolMan instance without the Introscope Enterprise Manager. I adjusted the parameters in the SolMan Diagnostics Setup without touching the wiley parameters and it worked fine.

The movement of the SolMan Instance itself needs more corrective doing. I think about writing a little howto.

Hope this was helpfull and have a nice day!

Sascha

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

thanks for your information. I have just finished our configuration. In addition to the move of the WILY server, we have also upgraded to Wily 8.2 and SolMan EhP1. Everything worked as we had disussed.

- Install WILY on a new server

- Run Initial setup in SMD with new connection parameters

- Run initialization of Wily Agents in SMD with new WILY server.

Everything seems to work so far.

Thanks,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingrid,

I'm currently trying to move our SolMan from one server to another server. We are also running the EM and the SolMan on the same host, and we will do it in future.

Everything I'm telling know is pure theory and based on some investigations I made to find configuration entries.

May way will be:

1. Installation of the EM on the new machine as described in the installation guide

2. After the import of my DB and the basic configuration which have to be done in ABAP and Java, I will setup the diagnostics with setup wizard of the diagnostics. During this setup the parameters of hostname, port of the EM can be configured.

I'm still in the preparation phase, and I excuse myself for the simple explanation. Please let me know your thoughts and your way.

Regards,

Sascha

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

I came to the same result, though we want to split EM and SolMan.

- Install EM on the new server

- Run the initial setup wizard in SMD

- Rerun the setup for the managed systems.

I am not sure when I have the chance to do this, but will update the ticket.

THanks,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingrid,

good to know that someone else got the same results. I try to move our SolMan in March or April to the new machine and post my experiences then.

So long,

Sascha