cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing authorizations to objects in standard reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Whenever executing an standard report in SAP, how can we restrain the report to show only the information that the user has authorization to access?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use transaction PS01 to restrict access to PS reporting

you can use objects like person resp etc to restrict people seeing reports only for that person resp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivendra,

I cannot find tc PS01 in my system... can you confirm me this is the right code?

Is there any path where I can find it?

I searched it through tc se93 and I get a message "transaction code has not been created".

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your restriction criteria is limited to Org levels like Profit Ctr etc.. then you can use Org. levels in the Role assigned to User.

tcode: PFCG

For the role assigned to the user go to the Authorizations tab and then navigate to Org. levels , here you can maintain what ever Org. elements the users belonging to that role should have access to.

Almost all Standard reports restrict data depending on the Org. levels maintained in the user authorization role.

You may need to talk to your Basis consltant for this as well.

Please let me know if that helped.

jibat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Just for the rest of contributors, lets say the filter works as following for the main structure reports:

• Project definition / WBS: Filtering by Controlling area and/or profit center

• Network / Activity / Material / Milestone: Filtering by center (logistic)

Kind regards, and thank you all for your answers.

Neil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i have seen in wrong view your question.

Some experts will answer.

Regards

Chandra