cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapGUI for mac 7.10r1 on MAC OS X 10.5.6 crashes with language EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I logon to SAP with English login but not with Greek. I suppose the problem is the codepage. Can anyone help here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

does it also happen with the latest version, which is SAP GUI for Java 7.10 rev 7?

Is your SAP system Unicode or not?

In latter case you might require additional codepage files (1700<->1707).

Please refer to [note 53665|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/53665] how to generated CDP files.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the rev.7 with the same results. I am using the string conn=/H/servername/S/3210&cpg=1707&lang=EL

with no success.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the connection string makes me think that your backend is not Unicode.

Did you create and depoly the mentioned codepage files on the Mac?

What exactly is the behavior, is the process crashing or do you get an ABAP dump after the logon screen?

If former, please create a [support message|http://service.sap.com/message] and attach the crash log.

If latter, do the same and attach the log files found in the folder where the SAP GUI for Java application is installed.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that after i logon to SAP with EL i don't get ether the SAP menu or user menu. I can run some transactions but with most of them i get an ABAP ERROR

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the symptoms fit in my assumption, that your issue is caused by missing codepage files.

For Greek on Mac with SAP, you need codepage files for conversion between SAP codepage 1700 and 1707, which are not included in SAP GUI for Java installation.

Please refer to the note mentioned before and put the files for example in the same folder where the SAP GUI for Java application is installed.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin