cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide dependencies jars for a custom action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I am still creating a custom action for xMII. (see [the first thread|;).

I got "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/FOPEception".

So it cannot locate a dependency jar: fop.jar

First to say, I have no physical access to xMII server. So I am only able to upload an actions via web interface: System Management -> Custom Actions -> Upload.

On the popuped upload screen I specify a jar with my action, and list of its dependencies.... One of the dependencies is fop.jar...

What I am doing wrong??? Is there an other way to upload Custom Action (with no direct server access)?

Andrei.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason, the server uploaded the dependencies into "/var/tmp" folder.

So, it looks like xMII wasn't properly configured.

Could someone point me on configuration guide, or provide instruction that I can give to server's administrators?

Andrei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved!!!

[Here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e0171f05-98c6-2a10-f5a0-8f2ec79d10a4] [original link is broken]; I found Custom Action Developer Kit, where described how to create and deploy actions.

The main change is an web page deployment (now you can do that without direct access to xMII server).

So, the dependencies should be included into xml config:

<ComponentCatalog>
<Category Name=u201DMy Action Setu201D Description=u201DTest Objectsu201D>
		<Component Type=u201DActionu201D Name=u201DMyActionu201D   Description=u201Du201D
		Label=u201DMy Action Labelu201D ClassName=u201Dtestlab.MyActionu201D
		AssemblyName=u201DTestlab.jaru201D *Dependencies=u201DA.jaru201D*    HelpFileName=u201Du201C/>
<Component> .. </Component>
</Category>
<Category ..>
</Category>
</ComponentCatalog>

Dependencies can be defined as a single Java Archive (JAR) filename or a comma-delimited list

Andrei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cleared the cache... nothing

Anyway, each time new action is deployed, new workbench instance loads it from the server. So it is not needed to clear the cache.

Any other ideas?

Andrei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, I think so!

-- I upload my jar and its dependencies.

-- Checked it in UI and clicked "deploy" btn.

-- Reloaded my workbench to see new actions.

Do I need some extra steps? Maybe I need to restart the server (somehow)?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before having the NW server instance restarted, try clearing your client workstation's Java Web Start cache to force it to download the refreshed libaries. I would attempt this, especially if the errors you are seeing are isolated to your client's web start console or in the WB.

If the errors are appearing in the NW logs, then perhaps an instance restart is in order.

There are MII forum visitors with significant custom action experience in v12.0, so I will defer to them.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the web interface from the Menu.jsp is the proper way to upload your custom actions and associated dependency libraries.