cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi :

Can some one tell me that how can i control creation of planned order for a PIR by defining backward or backward/forward scheduling.

Suppose if I have to create a planned order for a PIR of 31/01/2009.I need that planned order should be created by considering only backward capacity availabilty.Even shortage qty should be shown if planned order qty is less that PIR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As far as I know, this can be only handled by capacity leveling. SNP heuristics does not consider any capacity. All it does is look at the demand at the DC and look at lot sizes, transportation times, calendars and places a stock transfer from plant. If it is run at plant, even then it does not consider the capacity of resource but just creates planned order based on the SNP PPM and the lot sizes.

You can use capacity leveling after this run and schedule capacity leveling with Scheduling direction "Backward Scheduling".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Your requirement can be done via custimsation.

1) In APO IMG mode, use the following pathway SAP SCM > APO > Supply chain planning > PP/DS > Global settings > Maintain strategy profiles. Here you can define your planning direction during scheduling.

2) In APO IMG mode, use the following pathway SAP SCM > APO > Supply chain planning > SNP > Global settings > Heu Initial short quantity. Here you can define your planning direction during scheduling.

3) You also define your consumption mode in the APO master data under Demand Tab in Requirement strategy field.

Hope this solution will solve your query

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.