cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms with Web Service - nothing happens when clicking button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to develop adobe forms with web service. The web service

WSDL location is :- [http://www.webservicex.net/uklocation.asmx?wsdl]

I have created a new dataconnection with the above URL, drag & drop fields & button onto the form & save the form.

when I open the PDF on my local machine, enter the post code and push button, nothing happens. no error/warning message.

I also downloaded a web service example PDF from [http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/tips/index.html]

This form also has button to execute a web service but again nothing happens?

Any clues why this is happening? I turned off my firewall thinking it might be blocking but no joy

I am using Adobe Life cycle Designer 8 & Adobe reader 8.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Edited by: PANKAJ ARORA on Jan 15, 2009 5:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a Web service data connection to the form, but at runtime you will not be able to access WS through the form if you use the free Adobe Reader. You need Adobe Acrobat Professional to use the form properly.

In order to have a PDF form interact with any Web service (exposed on the Internet, or by WAS, XI etc.) from Adobe Reader, you need to render this form on the SAP WAS. So Invoke WS from Adobe Reader via Web Dynpro ABAP/JAVA

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

While you are creating Webservice from Java file, select the Aunthenticationtype as SimpleSOAP instead of Basic SOAP (Bydefault BasicSOAP is selected, Change it to SimpleSOAP).

There are some steps after you create a Webservice.

First Download WSDL on your Local Machine from WAS.

After that when you open the zip file you get 3 WSDL's.

There we need to combine the 3 wsdl's and make it into one wsdl after you do this process.

Incorporate the WSDL in your interactive form and drag and drop the button onto the form.

Please don't try to edit any of the method because it will not work if you try to change any feature.

If you want to write Javascript for that method write it in "enter" method, script type:Javascript.

If you have any queries you can ping.

(The below link helps for you i guess)

[Interactive Forms and Web Service Integration|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/148ec26e-0c01-0010-e488-decaafae3b26]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Link to the Interactive Forms and Web Service Integration should help me. Thanks

I shall start developing the form using NWDS & I get back to you.

I was also wondering can we not use Web Dypnro ABAP in SAP using T-code SE80 & achieve similar results? or do we have to develop adobe form in NWDS?

Thanks,

Pankaj

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

You can use any of the Web Dynpro (ABAP / JAVA) technology as long you are comfortable with coding in it.

Chintan

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You didnot mention in your question that you are using Webdynpro-ABAP. Iam not sure weather the same procedure to be followed for ABAP Webservice(WSDL) which was created from RFC. Iam sure this method is useful when you are using Java Webservice since when you download Javawebservice you could not find it all combined but when you do a ABAP Webservice i hope simply we can directly incorporate i feel not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replys.

Earlier I was not using Web Dynpro but Now I am planning to use Web Dynpro with ABAP as standalone lifecycle designer in not enough for adobe reader to call web services. The web service i was using in my demo I think was built on asp.net but not sure but I am planning replace the web service with a SAP CRM(ABAP) Web Service.

I have asked my basis team to investigate if we have ADS configured with Reader Rights Credential for Interactive ADOBE forms So I can try to built adobe form using Web Dynpro ABAP using SE80..

I shall come back with how it goes..

Thanks,

Pankaj