cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR Clearing Account for Material & Asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to maintain different GR/IR Clearing Account for Materials & Assets.

Pls. guide.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain WRX in OBYC for different valuation classes (of materials). Then GR/IR clearing will hit this GL account.

Create one more line item in WRX without valuation class (name GL as Gr/IR clearing for assets), so if you receive assets it will go to this account.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Correct me if I am wrong " the Materials without Valuation Class will go to the New WRX Gr/IR clearing for assets."

In this case, the Service Material received thru Service Entry Sheet will move in the same newly created Gr/IR clearing for assets.

Is there any modifier thur which we can diffentiate the Material, Asset & Service receipt?

Regards,

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for sevvice materials define account category reference and assign the valuation class in account determination. So with respect to valuation class you can define separate GR/IR account.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We are not maintaining Service Master here.

Regards,

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In case of asset - we define account determination in asset master which is like stock account for material. But if you use purchase order then for asset you use account assignment category as A - it means it is like account assigned purchase order. So all goods reciept credit on these POs will go to GR/IR account created without valuation class. Same time if you donot maintain service masters then goods receipt will go to same account (no valuation class). So either you need to define service materials or use same account for both.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the reply. I have done the same thing & it's working.

I am just exploring other possibilty if we can differentiate the Service Receipt & Asset Receipt separetely using some modifier.

Regards,

Answers (0)