cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock and NON-Stock Items procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know why classic scenario cannot be used fpor Stock items and Extended classic can be used for both stock and non-stock items.

What is the exact difference.

Regards,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One of the reason is that whenever you create a shopping cart using 'Order as Direct' option, it creates an extended classic PO which means the leading PO is in SRM and a copy is replicated to R/3. Hence classic scenario is lost if you are using 'Order as direct' option.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for the reply.

But if PR is transferred to SRM from MM and classic scenario is used and the resultant PO is created in MM then will transfer the PR with/without account assignment.

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Manu

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends upon how the PR was generated from ECC. If the PR was generated as a result of MRP then it should create a PO without acc. assignment. Else if the PR is coming with acct. assg. then it should create a PO with acct. assgt.

But if the PR is coming without acct. assgt., it would require direct procurement set up and would lead to extended classic scenario. I have not tested this scenario, so you might need to do a check on this.

Regards,

Sanjeev