cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.1 application Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm devloping CE 7.1 application, where calling BAPI(Get Flight List), every thing is fine i've done all the steps(Model Binding and all that), but when i'm trying run it is showing exception..... here is the details Exception..

Note : i have pinged and tested JCO. it running fine....

Any suggestion. would be thank ful...

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.checkProperties(DefaultDestinationManager.java:405)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.update(DefaultDestinationManager.java:142)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.searchDestination(DefaultDestinationManager.java:292)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultDestinationManager.getDestinationInstance(DefaultDestinationManager.java:90)

at com.sap.conn.jco.JCoDestinationManager.getDestination(JCoDestinationManager.java:61)

... 82 more

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exception was thrown in preprocessing phase of application session ApplicationSession(id=a5851792e2d411dd825b001aa02185d8, name=com.sap.demo.demo.demo1212.Demo1212). The causing exception is nested. RID=a582a690e2d411ddca72001aa02185d8

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doPreprocessing(ClientSession.java:680)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:239)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:258)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sessionctx.AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.delegateToRequestManager(AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.java:202)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sessionctx.DispatchHandlerForRequestManager.doService(DispatchHandlerForRequestManager.java:38)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sessionctx.AbstractDispatchHandler.service(AbstractDispatchHandler.java:116)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.deploy.impl.module.IRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(IRequestDispatcherImpl.java:95)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sessionctx.ExecutionContextDispatcher.dispatchToRequestManager(ExecutionContextDispatcher.java:140)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sessionctx.AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.java:92)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sessionctx.AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.dispatch(AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.java:104)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doContent(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.AbstractDispatcherServlet.doGet(AbstractDispatcherServlet.java:54)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

It seems I overlooked the note & went into the below exception details.

I feel reading somewhere that NullPointerException (or ClassCastException) for the classes which are available is due to corruption of the WD metadata (may be there is a SAP Note)

Kindly close the NWDS, delete the config folder in your workspace (Do Not Delete the .ini file) and restart the IDE (better to start in a fresh workspace).

Hope this works for you.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jan 15, 2009 12:17 PM

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any suggestion would be appricated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create destinations using nwa

Configuration Management->Desinations->Create Destinitations here....

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for reply so quickly Ayyapparaj i'm using NWA destionation in my application

when i'm pinging nwa destionation its saying Successfully connected to system R3X as user XXXX

thanks

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks to Ayyapparaj..

solved my self.......... this issue was related to table binding.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

From the error, it looks like there is some issue with JCo.

Check that the JCo destination is created on the 7.1 server (steps little different than in older releases) with the same name as you have given at the time of Import of Adaptive RFC model in NWDS.

Try restarting the server, then deploy new archive & run the application.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin.

i have created and test JCO, its working fine. as i mentioned in note above

Thanks