Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check DDIC Password

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here i m trying to install the ECC 6.0 SR3 (JAVA+ABAP and usage type MI, DI) on Window 2K3 32 with Oracle 10.0.2. i am getting error

• on Step Check DDIC password when i try to logon with DDIC with password (that password which i give during installation and ********) then i got SAP commit failed, session terminated.

How can i resolve it.

regards,

majamil

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

The password was replaced for the reason that it is not allowed in the SAP Community to post personal information. Please check the SAP Community rules of engagement for more information: https://www.sap.com/community/about/rules-of-engagement.html

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've faced this same situation before. Its very simple.

1> Close /stop your SAP installation.

2> Install SAP GUI.

3> Start your SAP.

4> Log in CLIENT 000 with by SAP*: Password: ********. If this password does not works then try the password which you had provided while installation.

5> SU01

6> Reset the DDIC password..

DONE.

Hope this helps,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...this worked

NikhilKohli23
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks Pranay

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

The password was replaced for the reason that it is not allowed in the SAP Community to post personal information. Please check the SAP Community rules of engagement for more information: https://www.sap.com/community/about/rules-of-engagement.html

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

muzavor
Explorer
0 Kudos

If the SAP AS and DB are running on different hosts, then kindly ensure that the timezone is same on both the hosts.

Regards

Arshad

former_member529388
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This post says ANSWERED, but I don't see a resolution. I am having the same problem, I probably entered a wrong password for DDIC in the initial phases of a system copy. I do not seem to have the correct password as I have stopped and restarted a number of times with what I thought my alternatives woud have been. The replys on this thread keep telling us to login to

SAP*/000 ... the system is not to a point where you can login. What we need is a way to go into Oracle (10.2) and change the password, or a way around the DDIC test logon in the sapinst process. Are there any real answers out there??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also have the same problem.

While doing the system copy I am getting the similar error like "Test logon to SAP system <sid> failed. Make sure that the user DDIC exists and that the password of the user DDIC is correct" during the "check DDIC password" phase. I tried to login to the system with the users DDIC and SAP* to both the clients 000 & 001 with both the master & defaults, but it is giving the error "DB-error - 0" in the bottom of the screen.

Kindly look into the following sapinst.log

-

WARNING[E] 2009-04-10 15:11:58

FRF-00007 Unable to open RFC connection.

INFO 2009-04-10 15:11:59

RFC parameter CLIENT set to value 000.

RFC parameter USER set to value DDIC.

RFC parameter LCHECK set to value 1.

RFC parameter PCS set to value 1.

RFC parameter LANG set to value EN.

RFC parameter ASHOST set to value ord-sapprtdev.

RFC parameter SYSNR set to value 00.

RFC connection information checked successfully.

-

And also see the following dev_rfc.trc trace file

-

• ERROR file opened at 20090410 135354 Pacific Daylig, SAP-REL 700,0,66 RFC-VER 3 841439 MT-SL

T:5444 Error in program 'sapinst': ======> >>>>>>>>>>> DB-Error - 0

T:5444 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcReceive [1] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

T:5444 Error in program 'sapinst': ======> >>>>>>>>>>> DB-Error - 0

T:5444 Error in program 'sapinst': <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 3:RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION

Kindly give me the solution for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Kind regards,

MogileeswarDuring the phase "check DDIC password" I am getting the error "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi majamil,

You just reinstall and the problem goes away???

Are you just install AS ABAP or ABAP+JAVA? I think the later use 001 for AS JAVA RFC, right ?

Thanks.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dears,

plz read post carefully then reply... because i have mentioned in above post that i did not login with any user then how they all are replying me that you login with sap* and change the password...

i have reinstalled the sytem....

thanks once again to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to login to the system with sap*and its password.

Change the DDIC password in su01.

If you are not able to login with sap* and DDIC, try to login with the master passowrd that you given during the installation.

Regards,

K.Sowndarya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether Listener is started or not if not start and retry the installation.

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, majamil

step1: logon sap*/000 to change ddic password, such as default value '19920706'

step2: logon ddic/000 to check and config your RFC Connection:

t_code:sm59, check the rfc connection, like 'SAPXPG_DBDEST_*****',

check 'Target Host', and ' IP address', and test connection.

step3: logon sap*/001 and change ddic password to default value.

restart sapinst.

this may help you.

Regards,

xwu.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

the SAP system is running and installation stuck on step Check DDIC password and when i try to login on client 000,001 with sap* and DDIC then faced SAP commit failed, session terminated. in GUI mean i did not login and also FYI.. when i run SQLPLUS "/as sysdba" then facing ORA-12560.

regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi majamil,

Check that your sap system is running then login to the system with the password that you have given at the time of installation.

Rehgards

Ashok