cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform client copy from AIX to Windows, is it possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

our Production sap system is -> ECC6.0 with Oracle 10g on AIX5.3

our Sandbox sap system is -> Ecc6.0 with Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 Server

>We are planning to perform a client copy from our Production client 320 to Sandbox system (sandbox system is not a part of a landscape)

> First thing Sandbox is not a part of a landscape, so is it possible to perform a client copy ?

> Since the OS is different (AIX & Windows) would it be feasible enough to perform the client copy ?

> would this be called as Remote client copy ?

> Please guide me with the steps as how should i go abou it ?

Regards

Ayush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client Copy is Possible.

You can use 2 methods

1. Remote client copy- For this method you have to create a RFC destination between these 2 systems, then it is possible to do client copy

2. Client Export/Import - Export the client to transport request, copy the request to the Sandbox os level, add the TP request to the import queue and import it.

Hope it helps

Regards

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan & Andre,

I appreciate your replies of throwing more light on the subject, I have few doubts here

> For Remote Client Copy, is it not required to have Production system and Sandbox system should be in a part of one landscape otherwise i cant create RFC connection? Since in my case Sandbbox is not a part of a landscape. Do you think still i can create the RFC connection ?

>As Arnie said that support package level should be same in both the system, is it must ? Cant i perform client copy without having the support package level in sync ?

>My OS for both the SAP systems are different (AIX and Windows), So you client copy is possible across different OS platforms.

Please Reply

Regards

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Remote Client Copy, is it not required to have Production system and Sandbox system should be in a part of one landscape otherwise i cant create RFC connection? Since in my case Sandbbox is not a part of a landscape. Do you think still i can create the RFC connection ?

Yes - you can. SCC8 doesn´t ask for a "landscape" but for an RFC connection - which can point to everywhere.

>> >As Arnie said that support package level should be same in both the system, is it must ? Cant i perform client copy without having the support package level in sync ?

Not only the support package levels must be in sync but the whole dictionary. On copy start the system does a DDIC comparison, if that fails, the copy doesn´t start.

>My OS for both the SAP systems are different (AIX and Windows), So you client copy is possible across different OS platforms.

AIX is a BigEndian platform and Windows is LittleEndian, the RFC interface makes sure the transfer itself works without problems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for understanding and guiding me... There are few doubts.

> How can i find out that the Whole Dictionary is same ion between Production client and Sandbox Client

> Do i have to create a new client in the Sandbox as i have to copy the existing Production client (320) into Sandbox.

> DOnt you think apart from Support Package level i have to have Kernel level in sync between both the systems.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > How can i find out that the Whole Dictionary is same ion between Production client and Sandbox Client

Same support package level, same transports. You can run a client copy in "test" mode to see if there are any differences.

> > Do i have to create a new client in the Sandbox as i have to copy the existing Production client (320) into Sandbox.

You can either use a new client or use an already existing one, the data in that client will be delete before the copy process starts.

> > DOnt you think apart from Support Package level i have to have Kernel level in sync between both the systems.

No - not necessary.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my scenario what would you advice me to do Remote client copy or Client Export & Import.

Also if you can guide me with the step by step procedure for client copy then i would be highly obliged..

Regards

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In my scenario what would you advice me to do Remote client copy or Client Export & Import.

I would do export/import.

> Also if you can guide me with the step by step procedure for client copy then i would be highly obliged..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i am going do <b>Client Transport</b> between two different SAP systems, <b>Production client 320 (SAP ECC on AIX)</b> to <b>Sandbox client 130 (SAP ECC on Windows)</b>.

and i am going to copy all the <b>cross-client data frm 320 to 310</b>, then the exisiting cross-client data of Sandbox system would be destroye ?

>Here i would like to know whether the cross-client data of Sandbox system would be replaced by 320 Prodution client ?

>What are the chances of getting cross-client data in SANDBOX completely and successfully replaced by 320 Prod client, is it 100%. Because we want complete replacement ?

Regards

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am awaiting your reply, and would be highly thankful if you can guide a little.

Regards

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m not sitting 24 hours in front of the PC

If you are sure that the DDIC matches (same support package level, same transports, same generated CO-Tables (if you use that) etc.) - then yes - you can do it.

If you use profile SAP_EXP* all client independent data will be overwritten (means customizing - not ABAP programs).

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you decide to do a client copy please ensure that the patch levels of both systems are the same. Otherwise you may run into problems.

On top of which hardware are you running the ECC6.00?

André