cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Transfer to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) We have a process flow in which the PR from R/3 will be transferred to SRM for sourcing and then the follow on documnet will be created in MM.========Classic Scenario

2) We have a process flow in which the PR from R/3 will be transferred to SRM for sourcing and then the follow on documnet will be created in SRM and copy of the same to MM.========Extended Classic Scenario.

Please let me know which of the above scenario can be used for stock /non -stock irems and which can be used for both.

Thanks,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

It is good that you thought upon this.

Your scenario 1 holds good only for Indirect Material i.e. PRs with account assignment category. You will not be able to create a Classic PO for Direct Materials in standard SRM. However this can be achieved through enhancements.

Your scenario 2 holds good for both Direct and Indirect materials.

I am not sure if you want both the process in parallel.

Regards

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

Thanks a lot ofr quick and valuable response.

Please let me know if I dont assign the Account assignment category in PR then can we use the process for direct procurement/stock items.

In this cas ewhere we can assign the Account assignmnet category.

Thanks,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stock Item with PDP with extended Classic is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know why classic scenario cannot be used for Stock items and Extended classic can be used for both stock and non-stock items.

What is the exact difference.Does account assignment data is the key ........

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case external requirements being transferred fro MM to SRM , then in that case can we use Vendor List as a source of supply to select vendors for the bidding process.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Classic scenario only the PR can be generated in SRM Server (EBP)all the other things like P.O ,GR, Invoice verification happens in backend SAP R/3 that is why only INDIRECT material procurement is preferred.

Stock items cannot be used in classic Scenario

In Extended Classic both the Direct material (Stock items) & Indirect material can be used since

P.R and P.O can be processed in SRM server, GR and Invoice verification happens in SAP R/3

There is nothing related to account assignment ,in both cases you have enter the G/L account.

Hope it is clear

G.Ganesh Kumar

SRM consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I have had this issue earlier and realised that direct material PRs do not create classic PO and only create a local PO in SRM. Also this was confirmed by SAP.

And yes acc assignment category is the key. PR without account assignment marks the field DIRECT_PROC i.e. for direct material.

Refer the which can give you the resolution.

Let me know if any clarifications required.

Regards

hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

If we transfer PRs with account assigned then will it create a Backend PO from the resultant Bid Invitation in Classic scenario.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only account assigned PRu2019s will be transferred to SRM , in case client is not looking to use SRM for stock procurement (Classic Scenario)

Also, in case NON-account assigned PRu2019s are transferred to SRM will it result in Backend PO.

Please let me know.

Edited by: Manu Agrawal on Jan 16, 2009 10:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the distinction is with account assigned PR. If acc ass is there system treats as non-stock item and visa - versa.

So even for a stock Item if you pass the acc ass (dummy) it will create a PO in ECC. For an actual non-stock (acc assigned ) PR it will anyway create an ecc PO.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Hussain