cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dynpro: switching over different Jco destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a web dynpro application and integrated into a portal, which access R/3 using a JCo destination and retieves the data using a BAPI.

But I want to integrate the same application into different portals which uses different Jco destinations.

Is there any way that the applications switches between two Jco destinations.

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks and regards

kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi Krishna,

Here what is the problem , if ur creating JCO destination (with respect to ur new R/3 settings) in the second portal. Only constraint here is have to set up SLD in the second portal.

Just deploy ur application in the second WAS(portal) , then set up SLD , then set up JCO destinations for this application accordingly..

like getting R/3 informations in SLD , u have the provision to get the other J2EE server detasils in SLD.

let me know ..

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kishor

Thanks for the quick response.

Here my problem is that I am working on the client end and the server is located in US.

And more over I do not have the admin rights to do some changes in the SLD.

I suppose that the different portals are running on the same J2ee server.

For example they have ADP and LHP portals, the web dynpro application is working fine with the LHP portal as we have created the Jco destinations with regard to one R/3 system.

But now when they are trying to run the application on ADP which have a different R/3 system and different Jco destinations with regard to that R/3 system.

Now what should I do in order that the application is working fine on both the portals.

Is there any settings in the web dynpro application such that it accepts both the Jco destinations as the Function modules they are calling are same.

Kindly need ur help in this.

thanks and regards

kris

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi Krishna,

This much i got from ur last reply....

u have a webdynpro application which is deployed in a J2EE WAS , where the two portals ADP and LHP are running.

In this webdynpro application , by default u have one JCO destination , and is corresponding to the one in LHP(R/3 with respect to LHP).

Now as the webdynpro application is running in the same server , u can access the webdynpro application from the ADP portal also , provided that has to work with another JCO destination to another R/3 server.

u have one webdynpro application, thats the constraint here.

My suggestion is..

with Adaptive RFC model, im not sure we can run the same WebDynpro application using different JCO destinations.. bcoz , we have the provision to create one JCO destination for META DATA and MODEL DATA in webdynpro application. so i think its not practical here.

If u want to make it work , my suggestion is , u have to use JCO API itself in the WebDynpro application, so that u can determine in the WebDynpro application itself, which JCO Destination must use , when it run in different portals. Here the constraint is , have to write the entire Java Code for connection to R/3 system , setting import and export params to particular BAPI or RFC and getting data from it.. (in total u have to write the entire code where the Adaptive RFC model is giving during Model creation).

then u can code it like in a way , first have to find out the portal where it is running , then set the connection parameters to particular R/3 system for JCO creation...

one more suggestion ...

if the information about the second R/3 server is there in the same SLD , then in ur application, u can create JCO to this by the way of refering the SLD service and hence can create JCO connection to second server . Here u have to make use of the proper API for SLD.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kishor,

Thanks for getting my problem.

Both the R/3 systems are in the same SLD and moreover the information about the second R/3 server is there in the same SLD.

Now how can I go ahead to create JCO to this by the way of refering the SLD service and hence can create JCO connection to second server.

And guide me more clearly how to make use of the proper API for SLD.

Thanks and regards

kris

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi Krishna,

<b>This article addresses how to handle making Java Connector -> Remote Function Calls using the System

Landscape Directory</b>.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2ce854ed-0701-0010-deb5-ffd...

<b>Hierarchy For Package com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel</b>

http://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/60_sp2_javadocs/lcrapidoc/com/sap/lcr/api/sapmodel/pack...

<b>Setting up SLD i have explained it in step by step here..</b>

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan