Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget...

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Bisic Doubt..

How i can apply for Budget increase or change to concerned person...SAP?

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i didnt fully understand your requirements..

if you want simply to increase the budget then you can change it directly or do a supplement or transfer.

if you want only a concerned person to be able to change the budget then you can use authorizations for this...

if you want the functionality that a user can apply for a budget increase(via email for example), perhaps you might want to use workflow..

kindly clarify,,

good day.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not correctly understood you Question.......

If you are asking for the budget updates ( Budget increase , return , transfer ) than refer this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/89/a3a9375d79fb7de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I am project manager... 90% budget is over system gave warning( work flow not available.)

then how FI person will come to know that whether he need to update budget......

i need to infor him.... through system i can apply for budget need to updated by that much ammount....

I mean on what basis FI person will update the budget.......

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ask the Project manager to give a SAP message to the FI person for the Budget requirements. Even he can create a General Notification and assign the person responsible as "FI".

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

FI person can get to know budget is nearly consumed when he encounters warning message in case he is doing FI postings..

however if you want to automatically apply for a specific budget increase then you need inform him using workflow. but since you have no workflow then there is no way in the system to post a budget application or something similar. perhaps in your process flow you could post planned costs in separate version and FI person will change or supplement the budget with the amount you indicated. you could also use the Business workplace if you like (its like SAP email) using tCode SBWP to send message to a specific user and can even have functionality for it to pop out.. but this will just serve as a point of reference..or you could use notifications for this (Tcode IQS1) and configure responsible person/tasks..

good luck in you requirements.

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

This is practical requirement in any industry... FI or concerned person mey not know by how much ammount he need to update the budget.... even work flow is available...

for project person - on what basis ( in the system) he will say that i want 10 k or 200 k ( it should be some where in the system.....

i want ot confirm how claim mgt is useful in this regards?

I donno anything about claim mgt.....

Venkatesh

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the workflow is not availlable than

warning message is one of the best way to remind FI user while posting.

As suggested by ramesh you can use the SAP email also but user has to check his mailbox regularly...

If you have activated workflow than also workfolw will only provide information to concerned person but, how much budget has to update that is sole dicission of Project Mgr./ Owner...

System can give him, basic idea from his cost planning / Project simulation etc...

Ya it's true this is practical requirement in any industry.... and if you have not done proper cost planning than there is enormous chance that your project overrun.... this is the area where the project management core skill come in to picture.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claims (claim management) is a type of notification and can be used to record changes, varriations in the duration of a project.

you can read more about claims in the following link...

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PSCLM/PSCLM.pdf

you could use this to record why you needed change in budget in the first place (for example due to delays etc..) and you can input subsequent costs.. you can create task in it say for example "budget supplement" and designate a responsible person.

hope it helps..

regards