cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Navigation to previous screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a requirement of displaying a Adobe form using Web-Dynpro for ABAP. This is perfectly fine and is done. Now it is like we have 2 Views in a Web-Dynpro

1. Main

2. Adobe Form display

On the 1st Page user is asked to enter certain details and then he can navigate from 1st page to the display of Adobe form. Form is also being displayed on the 2nd View. All this is absolutely fine and working.

Issue: We want to navigate back to the Main View from the Adobe form view. I have done all the required settings of plug and the navigation link from 2nd to 1st view. However, its not working at all..

I have also tried putting a break point on the button event but some how the event itself is not getting triggered. I am not able to figure out the problem as otherwise navigation is working fine with the normal web-dynpro screens.

Please help.

Regards,

Kunjal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, Thanks for your reply.

Basis team here has not yet implemented the note. However, your solution seems to be the perfect as the Note contains the perfect description of the error...

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kunjal,

Before enetring the data first check whether the navigation is done properly between thw main view.

check the action have you fired the plug using the code wizard.After check the navigation link between the views in the window.

Remove the navigation link and create the link one again activate and test it.,

Regards,

Sravanthi

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal,

Also check the Lifetime property of your main view, it should be framework controlled.

Regards

Arjun

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal,

All the things which you have mentioned to navigate from second view to first view are correct.

Make sure that the linking between the outbound plug of second view and the inbound plug of first view is properly done. You said that you have put a break point on the button event. I want to ask when you click on BACK button, the control is passed to ONACTIONBACK method or not? If yes, then check if the fire plug statment is getting executed or not??

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for the reply...

No the control is not passed to the ONACTIONBACK event as well...

This is what is creating confusion in my mind about some settings missing for the Navigation.

However, I have done following settings in the web-dynpro:

1. Define out-plug in the 2nd view.

2. Define in-plug in 1st view.

3. create navigation link in the window between 2nd view and 1st view.

4. In the Action on the button define the call to the out-plug... (in 2nd View).

Yes, it is Framework Controlled....

Please let me know if something is missing for the navigation to work.

Regards,

Kunjal

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand, it should work. Every thing is perfect.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun on Jan 15, 2009 11:43 AM

pranav_nagpal2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal,

So the problem is that control is not going in the action of the button click....????

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for replying to the query..

I have checked everything. If there are 2 Web-dynpro screens then the to and fro navigation is working fine.

However, when i add an Adobe form on the Web-dympro screen event is not getting triggered.

Yes Pranav, what you are guessing is correct...

Is there any solution for this problem??

Regards,

Kunjal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is this button to trigger navigation within the Adobe Form itself or in the surrounding Web Dynpro View? There are many notes and potential causes to the problem if the button is within the Adobe Form itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

The button is on the Web-Dynpro and not on the Adobe form.

According to my observation, In a Web-Dynpro screen without any PDF Forms, navigation works fine when done as per the steps mentioned in previous replies to the same thread.

However, on a Web-Dynpro screen with the PDF Form, the event which needs to be triggered on the button event does not triggers.

Is this a possible bug or some other specific settings are missing from my side?

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Kunjal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal,

Check the properties of Interactive Form Element weather displayType is native or activeX. Try altering them, I got similar problem in WebDynpro JAVA there by changing it to native it works for me.

Please try that one and let me know if that doesn't works out.

Thanks,

Sanjeeva

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 1223121 and see if that applies to your situation. It has the following problem description: You can still make entries, but eventst hat should send the form to the server (for example, choosing a button) are not triggered.

This note fixes a problem with the ZCI scripting for Native forms that as leading to JavaScript errors - and the cancelling of the post back to the server.

If you are getting an hourglass wait sign in the browser, but no event on the backend then consider note 1229392 as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We saw the Note 1229392 which I feel gives the exact description to the problem we are facing here.

Now, when I asked the BASIS guy here to implement the Note. He says that the Note is not relevant to us as the server is on Patch Level 15 and this note is for Patch Level 16.

On the contrary, I feel the given note can be applied for the Patch Level 15 as well.

Can you please confirm?

Regards,

Kunjal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I read the note and it clearly states that the code fixes apply to 7.00 SP14-SP16. Here is the line cut and pasted right from the note:

Release 700 SAPKB70014 - SAPKB70016

There are also additional manual post-implementation steps for release SP15-SP17:

Release 700 SAPKB70015 - SAPKB70017

I'm not sure what your basis person is seeing to indicate that this note is for SP16 only. All the indicators in the note seem to state otherwise.