cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without K-Pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not able to attach more than two originals to a DIR of a document type which does not use K-Pro. How can i be able to attach more than two originals to a doc type which does not user K-Pro

OR

Pls suggest me how i can disable the check in button in case if i check the Kpro option for the same document type.

expecting a quick reply!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file in my network drive is my master data. In case if any user CHECKS IN deliberately or otherwise i would loose the link i had with the ORIGINlL to the DIR. Thats why precicely i want the user not to CHECK IN the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your requirement is that you want to attach file to DIR of particular document type but you dont want any of the user to check-in in database.

the solution for this is,

in DC10, double click on required document type, under File Size maintain value as 0 but ensure that Use KPro is not checked

once this setting is done, user can attach document to DIR but cannot checkin in the database.

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujatha

As mentioned by Pramod, K-PRO is the only option if u want to add more than 2 originals to a DIR.

Check the Status combination of ur Doc type, u must have clicked "Check-in" option for ur status and its autmoatically checking in..

Uncheck the "Check-In" tick mark for the corresponding status..

Regards

Aby

Edited by: Aby Thomas on Jan 15, 2009 7:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most of my files are in share point which the user can access through a url and some files are there in the local and network drives. For a DIR i will attach few file from the drive and few as a url file path. After attaching the original to a DIR i dont want the user to check in the data to the database. I dont want any of my files to go to the SAP database. So i want to block this option of CHECK IN when i am using K-Pro. How can i achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I believe its not possible with standard SAP DMS, may be u have to go for development.

Please award pts if its useful/need further information.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is limitation of SAP database / vault that we can not attach more than two originals. If you would like to attach more than two originals then k-pro use is essential.

I am not getting what exactly you are looking for.. but as I understood without check in of oroginal it wont be get accessed on network.

Please award the pts if its useful/need further information.

Regards,

Pramod