Phase Type

Task Type

Calendar

There are a few more we would lile to have:

Customer

Organization Group

Role Type

Role Function

(Note: We are using "Role Types with distribution")

Please suggest if/how we can have these done.

Any note/document/inputs/suggestion on import would be of great help.

Thanks.

Peter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan, Peter:

Excellent post, and thanks for steering us in the direction of the notes for MS-P imports.

For the most part, our mapping was configured pretty well as-is. However, there is one exception - importing resources from MS-P to cProjects doesn't seem to work. I'd like to tack this onto Peter's list:

On resource assignments (creation of concrete role), note 958210 states that

You must main "Code" field for resource with Employee ID in Resource Sheet of MS Project in order to upload them as Resources in cProjects Project. The Employee ID should have a corresponding Business Partner in xRPM or cProjects. The "Employee" attached to the resource is transferred as a "Resource" attached to the Project Role in cProjects.

I've cross-referenced the default config notes against our IMG settings, and there seems to be no difference. If I understand the note correctly, "Code" should have BP numbers, right? I've played around with the "Code" field values in MS-P with different existing BP numbers with no success. I've even toyed around with BP field values to test. The mention of "Employee ID" and "Employee" makes this exercise all the more confusing.

Thoughts? What cProjects field will complete the link to staff resource to role?

Thanks a bunch.

Lawrence

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

As per Note 1126395 - Business Rules for MSP client inetgration with xRPM/cPro 4.5 following are the business rules for Roles n Resources:

Roles and Resources

cProjects roles are downloaded as Microsoft Project resources. Single resources assigned to a cProjects role may be uploaded/downloaded. cProjects role to task assignments are reflected as Microsoft Project resource to task assignments during integration.

cProjects role to task assignment data, i.e. assignment start, end, work is not integrated.

Download of resource assignment will affect task work, percentage completion and actuals according to Microsoft Project logic to keep scheduling consistent. Task duration should not be affected.

cProjects responsible roles and responsible resources are not supported in the current integration.

Resource leveling in Microsoft Project, which may lead to splitting of tasks, is not supported during integration.

Resources of type 'work' in Microsoft Project are supported during integration.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also using MPP upload to cProjects and stuck at 2 points -

1. Uploading dates into the cProject from the microsoft plan

- We have mapped the mpp START, FINISH to START_DATE_FIX and FINISH_DATE_FIX in cProjects both for the Project Definition and Task

- Scheduling is bottom-up

but the dates at Project Definition level or the task are not getting copied -

Going by the note 952810 - It says calendar in mpp and cProject should be in sync. In cProjects field mapping, CALENDAR_ID field is also mapped - But how do i send this field across to cProjects - how do I define CALENDAR_ID field in mpp?

Is this the reason for the dates not getting copied correctly?

Pl. help

2. Has anyone able to upload task assignments (tasks get assigned to resources in cProjects as defined in mpp), Lawrence...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you must have seen the notes:

958210 for MS P client integration

983597 for MS P server integration

The way you have mapped fields for task type and all, you need to do it for org unit, customer etc the same can be used for role type. Now the question is about distribution, once you give correct key for role type then the settings for that role type will have distribution already checked in SAP.

Did you get what i mean?

You need to use PLCP as cProjects object > PARTICIPANT_ROLE for role type

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!