Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Horizon in DP Storage Bucket Profile

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

One Quick question:For DP and SNP there is a definition of storage bucket profile and in there there is place for horizon definition. The literature says that it is the horizon during which profile is valid. Does it mean that if DP forecast is beyond that horizon then it will not be saved in live cache?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Storage Bucket Profile - Which Decides the Horizon Length...for example if the Horizon Span is 2005 to 2008 ...then the Live Cache will consider the same span for Storage.... if u want to do forecasting upto 2009 then u can extend the storage Bucket Profile upto 2009..prior to this u have to intialize the Planning Area

Regards,

Rajesh patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Storage bucket profile is the area used by livecache for storing data as per definition(in days, weeks, years etc.,)

Hope your query is answered.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The storage bucket profile is where you set the horizon for which you want the data to be saved in the live cache. Any thing beyond this limit is not saved to live cache since there is no place holder.

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Yes. That is the definition of horizon. But I was able to save the forecast and retrive it in next planning run when I opened demand planning book. This happened even if the forecast results were beyond the horizon. Why didn't it complain and where is the forecast stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should not allow you to do so. What is your Storage bucket profile and your forecast horizon maintained.Always Storage bucket profile > Planning bucket profile

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Planning bucket profile is greater here than storage one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am surprised too. If your planning bucket is bigger than the storage bucket, the system keeps giving a popup warning saying the period is outside the storage horizon.

When you say you went back and the data reappeared, did you go out of the transaction /sapapo/sdp94 and then went back in loaded your selection and the data appears??

If it does, you need to open a OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a little confused here. I have not seen a scenario where Planning bucket profile is greater than the storage bucket profile. As Visu said, the data cannot be stored beyond the Horizon and also as you cannot change the storage bucket profile once created, so normally it will be for a longer horizon like for 30-35 years. I think you need to once again get confirmed on this. Lets wait for other replies if anyone has comeup with such scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are also facing the same situation as described by Manoj.

Scenario:

1. In MSDP Admin, for planning area, time series are from 26.07.2008 till 19.09.2009

2. Storage bucket profile (periodicity is day and week) validity from 01.01.2004 till 31.12.2008

3. Planning bucket profile (for future horizon) (from Period list) I can see the periods till 30.04.2009

If as per Visu, when storage bucket profile in this case is valid only till 31.12.2008, I should not see any data in planning books beyond 31.12.2008.

But, this is not the case. I am able to see key figure data well beyond validity date of the storage bucket profile.