cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to do Periodic Billing ( Billing Plan) in SD. Is periodic belling possible from Sales order or from Contract. If it is possioble only fro Contract then while creating the invoice do it require Sales order or from contract only Billing will be created.

Also can i change the amount in PeriodicBilling. Let us say for 1-12 months $100 needs to be deducted. Now in between there is a change and from 7th month onwards we have $80 to be deducted. How can we do this in Periodic Billing. Can I change the amount in Periodic Billing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your question it looks like you have done all the customizing which is related to periodic billing.

Periodic billing is used for giving dates on which billing should be carried out.

So if you want to change the price for that particular month then you have to make changes in sales order only.

If in January price is 100 in march it is 200.

Generate billing document upto February and then in march change the sales order value.

Now check in billing document which price it is taking

Hope so this will solve your query.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur info. Peridoic billing happens directly from contract. We won't be creating any sales order as such. Can you please confirm me this. How we will be doing this in Contract. In Sales order I guess we cannot create the billing plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can copy your business plan to sales order also.

You just have to assign billing plan to your sales order type in OVBP.

So you can see your business plan in sales order also.

If you are doing this directly from contract then just do same method in contract also.

You can try out that if doesnu2019t work then let us know

Regards

Raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shauzab Kazmi

You will have the Periodic Billing Plan at Contract Level as per standard SAP.

You can either have Periodic Billing at header or item or both places in a contract. Rental / Lease.

You can remove the automatic "Release to Accounting" option for billing.

Set up a billing plan / give specific billing dates as per your requirement in the contract.

Billing documents get created automatically as per the billing dates.

As and when you feel like sending the billing details to customer; you can do so by manually releasing them to accounting.

Later for a specific month / period; if you plan to bring about change in price; you can do so by updating the corresponding condition record. Then go to the billing document, item pricing screen, use "Update" button select "B" option and update the new price in the invoice. Then save it manually release to accounting and send it to customer.

Hope this helps;

Regards,

Syed Nasir