cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on FTP receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

I have two scenarios, both from XI SAP proxy to FTP receiver. And two scenarios are running almost at the same time. I need to send thousands of messages through these scenarios. Now I got problems when I sent out around 300 messages. The messages just stuck there and don't get through to FTP receiver communication channels. I configured these two FTP receiver communication channels in one Business System. I don't if that causes the problem. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in component monitoring in RWB, if there is any error in receiver CC. Also you can try with changing Passive and active connection.

Check sap note no. 821267

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

check whether you have configured your receiver FTP adapter for Connect Mode with permanent basis or by Per file Transfer basis. If you got many files try to give it Permanent basis.

SDN Help:

Select the Connect Mode.

If you select Permanently, an existing connection to the FTP server is used. The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.+

If you select Per File Transfer, a new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

Regards

Praveen

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are all the 300 messages are going in to one file for each adapter? If not check if you are connecting to the FTP server for every message. Thats a huge bottleneck.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, VJ,

No. They are not in one file. They are sending one by one, since each message needs to be sent out separately and saved with a specific file name in the another server. Do you know how I can clean the bottleneck? And how I can do this process to avoid this problem? Thanks.

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Jack,

According to my Understanding Check once again the below steps..

1. Check both Queues regarding SMQ1 and SMQ2.

2. Another thing is got to Communication Channel monitoring and select your Channel and check AUDIT

LOG and ADD TIME STAMP such that u can get 2 things.

a) first of all one information that up to at what time XI got picekd the file and

b) Also u can observe another point that whether the File got picked from Source and holding in XI or else stil the XI doesn't got picked.

3.  The most important thing is  You asked how to clear all the queues  right ? U can delete queues in two ways.

a) U can go to SMQ1 and SMQ2 and delete the queues there it self

b) THere is another way to monitor the XI MESSAGES in detail view by search category in

ASYNCH and SYNCH mode and also based on ERRORS..

Note:: In order to monitor you need to check the monitoring on SYSTEM.JSP level. Go through the below linik.

http://HOSTNAME:PORT/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

THere u can get each and every messages and u can clear the BULK of messages in queue.

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers. I have cleaned the entries.

Is there any way to implement this process without stuck? I do set the connect mode to permanently, File construction Mode is Create, Overwrite Existing File is checked, Put File: Use Temporary File.

Thanks.

Jack