cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TST03 Re-Organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on many threads I saw here in this forum I am going for an offline re-organization of the table TST03 to reclaim back the space.

But before I go ahead performing this task, can someone please tell me whether there is any risk associated with the offline re-organization of this table...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TST03 contains TEMSE, so, worst case, you lose all of them. it contains temporary contents, so, no biggie here.

other than that, a table reorg is not really risky. take note that because this table uses LONG RAW, a reorg will be much slower than a normal table.

so, to make things faster, run a TEMSE consistency in SP12 and delete everything that is not needed BEFORE reorg.

Test the process with a copy of your PRD system and calculate how much time it will take.

If you plan on reorg'ing this table often, converting LONG RAW to BLOB is a good idea which will enable you to reorg this table online in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Thanks for the reply, can you please confirm whether the table re-org of TST03 release the space into the associated table space.

I mean to say, will the table extents number come down after this re-organization.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Grame,

> I mean to say, will the table extents number come down after this re-organization.

If you have deleted many data before - yes. If your extent sizes are very big you maybe would see the same number of extents with more free space. The size of your extents depends on some factors ( LMTs or DMTs).

But you would only reorganize the table after a massive delete action, so in normal yes you will have more free space in the corresponding tablespace.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi grame,

It should be OK to do some table reorganization especially doing offline reorg.

ardhian

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com