cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing BP for CP when multiple CP assigned to a single S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our ERP2005 system, a position can be shared by multiple people ( one S for one or more Ps). When replicated via RHALEINI to our SRM 5.0 system, in the SRM org structure we have the corresponding CPs relationships to the position (S) but the system only creates a single BP for one of the CPs. Is this correct or should the system create a BP definition for each CP?

Also what is the role of the BP in the CP scenario?

Thanks,

Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to assign a position only a person?

How?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

You are performing an distribution of the HR master data in an SRM system. In this process, employees are created from the HR backend as business partners in an employee role in the SRM system in the relevant organizational units.

Interlinkage is created in SRM between :

S (position)

BP (business partner in employee role)

US (user name)

The central person (CP) that is used in HR is a one-to-one equivalent of the business partner (BP) in SRM, which represents an employee.

An S can be distributed among several CPs, and vice versa (since CPs represent[natural] persons [P] in HR). This means that an S can be divided among several CPs,

and a CP can be distributed among several S (multiple assignment) and vice versa.

In this case, (default) attribute inheritance starts out from the organizational unit thathas the higher percentage assignment. You can use the context menu to change the percentage assignments.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thank you for replying.

The other part I would like clarification on is that if I have a scenario where I have multiple CPs assigned to a single S (position), should each CP be assigned its own BP. If it doesn't, is this a system/program problem or is the system functioning as designed and we need to do something programatically?

Thanks,

Jerry

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

As far as i know (but i am not a guru in SRM HR...), one CP is assigned to only one BP.

The system works as designed.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Hows about if an S has multiple CPs, should each CP be assigned its own 'unique' BP number?

In our system (SRM 5.0), when we have multiple CPs assigned to an S, only one of the CPs is assigned a BP while the other ones are not.

This to me doesn't seem correct.

Thoughts?

Jerry

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Your logic seems correct.

However, i have never tested it.

If you get the final word, let me know.

Kind regards,

Yann